Lilypie First Birthday tickers

July 20, 2007

EARTHQUAKE!!!!

me no like earthquakes :o( we had one at 4:45am, it actually woke us up. It felt like a big jolt and then a baby jolt came rolling aftewards. It's like the Mommy earthquake came by and the baby was chasing behind. Our poor dog even woke up and was confused :o( USGS says it was a 4.2 and it was centered pretty darn close to our house. We are top of the Hayward Fault which isn't fun even when they are small earthquakes, we tend to feel them a lot more.

TRASH!!!!

OMG, we are totally being affected by this trash strike at Waste Management. I hadn't noticed how bad the trash was til last night. I could have sworn I saw a trash collector over the weekend and that the only thing piling up was our recycle bins. I was WRONG. Last night Rocky and I were cleaning our condo because we are having company and ummm, because we haven't cleaned in 2 weeks :o( anyway, our wedding gifts are all opened but I haven't had a chance to put them away so last night I managed to get most of them in their spots which meant lots of wrapping paper and boxes to through away plus the trash from our kitchen and bathrooms. I had piled everything up on the porch and then was going to take it out, I grabbed a pile of stuff and headed out to the trash bin, stood there and stared at it for a few minutes. Ummm, where do I put the trash? Every single bin is overflowing :o( there is trash all around the bin on the ground. I tried to pile a few of the boxes on top of stuff then ended up having to put the rest of our trash around the bins aswell. I am suprised our complex doesn't stink like the city dump. Supposedly the strike might come to an end by Sunday. I know these people need their money but TAKE MY TRASH AWAY! :o(

Okay, no more complaining, it's FRIDAY! Yipee! Tonight we are having dinner at our house with Rocky's family. Should be a nice mellow eveing at home. On the menu is Chilaen Sea Bass, Risoto, Salad and dessert which Rocky's mom's bringing. Should be a yummy dinner.

Tomorrow morning is our 10 mile run at Lake Chabot, I'm worried but I hope my ankle cooperates and all goes well. I need to catch up on my training. In the evening we have a fundraiser to go to for someone on the tri team. We always have fun at her fundraisers so we are looking forward to it.

Sunday will be a mellow day at home and then a TNT Fall Season meeting in the afternoon. I am hoping to get some rest since next week will be hectic for us. I think the only evening we'll be at home is Monday. I also think my parents might come next week :o) They are looking to move back here and my mom has an interview in Walnut Creek :o). I am really hoping that all goes well because it'll be nice to have them back in the area. They live down south and it's too far and I don't see the often :O( Maybe by the end of the year they'll be back.

Have a great weekend everyone!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Yummy, dinner sounds good. You take it easy tomorrow, y'hear? If it hurts then turn around and walk back missy!