Lilypie First Birthday tickers

February 09, 2006

WHAT????

Hee, hee…I can’t really hear today. I think my ears swallowed up the pool water last night. It was another hard workout but it felt great. Today I am pretty sore and of course there is not rest as tonight is bike night. On Monday nights in December we took a class with the Coach of the Master’s Group at Heather Farms in Walnut Creek. We’d spend about an hour there and we’d probably swim a total of 200m. Last night my warm up alone was to be 200m (that’s 8 laps). That was a bit scary. I don’t think I’ve ever swam that much without stopping. There were about 10 of us at the pool and that made it a little easier to get motivated and get going especially because one of our Asst. Coach’s was there and a few of the Alumni. There was no time for messing around. Coach Lisa showed us the drills and in the pool we went. Here is what we were suppose to do:

Easy 200m warm up
Easy 100m Kick (we grabbed a kick board and just practiced kicking)
Easy 100m Pull (using a pull buoy between our legs we practiced on just arms)

That is 400m just to warm up. I was already tired at this point. Brenda kept saying to me “I can’t believe we are actually doing this”….yeah ME NEITHER.

Next came our drills:
Kick 25m (again using the kick board)
Drill #1 – 25m (on your stomach, face down, hands on your side using the buoy, kick and lift head out of water to breath)
Swim 25m

Kick 25m
Drill #2 – 25m (on your back using the buoy, hands on your side and kick)
Swim 25m

Kick 25m
Drill #3 – 25m (start on you stomach and roll onto your back)
Swim 25m

Kick 25m
Drill #4 – 25m (start on your stomach, roll to your left, roll on your back, roll on your right, keep on doing it all 25m) I think this is where all the water went in my ears :o(
Swim 25m

So that’s it you say? NO, because we had to repeat the drills 6-8 times and then do another 200m cool down.

That would be 1050m if you did this drill 6 time and 1200m if you did them 8. How many did I manage to do? Only 4 :o( I ran out of energy and just couldn’t keep going anymore and it was getting late. Coach Lisa said it was okay for us to finish up and that we had done a great job. I am not at all upset that I wasn’t able to complete my 6-8 sets I think I did pretty darn good for my first time in the pool and having such a hard workout. I know next week I will do much better :o)

No comments: