Lilypie First Birthday tickers

February 25, 2006

Swim/Run/Honoree Potluck/Wedding...oh my!

Today was a great workout day. I thought I was going to be dying considering I haven't worked out at all this week because I've been sick. We started out with our swim workout and here is how it went:

100m warm up

Drills# 1-4 (2 times)
Each time we do a drill though it is....kick 25m, drill 25m, swim 25m....so just my drills added up to 600m.

Then we did our main set
2 - 100m, rest 20seconds, 1 - 200m, rest 20 seconds, 3 - 100m, rest 20 seconds, 1 - 300m, rest 20 seconds = 1000m

100m cool down

for a total of 1800m swam this morning. I was feeling pretty good the whole time and it was beautiful outside. The sun came out for us and it wasn't as cold as last week. I do have to admit though I was tired when I got out of the water. It was off to the showers and then our running clothes.

I ran 6 miles today but 2 of those miles were hills. We ran on Moraga Road for a little bit and then made a left hand turn onto Camino Ricardo. Camino Ricardo is a 1 mile hill with a dead end...YIKES. So we had to go up that, turn around, come back down, go back up and come back down again and then run back to the school. The run kicked my booty. I was not prepared for the hill repeats so I didn't have my gels or any water with me. Luckily we had a water stop.

Today we had our Honoree Potluck so when we got back there was lots of yummy food and drinks. I didn't stay long because I had to hurry home and get ready to go to a wedding. I grabbed a turkey sandwich and ate it on my way home....I was starving after that workout. My belly needed some fuel.

Now I'm off to Ms. Monica's wedding (my run team manager) WOOOHOOO. CONGRATULATIONS MONICA & KIEREN.

No comments: