Lilypie First Birthday tickers

February 13, 2006

Swim, Bike & Run

I did it all this weekend and it was nice weekend to be out doing all my workouts. I can't believe I was wearing summer clothes all weekend long. Now it's Monday and back to work we go :o(

Saturday morning we had a coached workout at Miramonte High School. We did swim and run benchmarks. We started out in the pool. We did a 100m warm up. We did 25m drill and then swam back 25m. We did 4 different drills. Then we had to swim at an easy pace for 12 minutes and count how many laps we did in those 12min. This was our swim benchmark. I managed to do about 6 or 7 laps without stopping and then I started slowing down and taking a brake at the end of each 25m. I was able to do 18 laps total in the 12 min. Not too bad, I guess. We then finished with a 100m cool down. It was pretty darn chilly and foggy during the our swim workout but the pool was nice and warm. Probably about 80’s.

listening to our coach give us the workout (it was a wee bit chilly and foggy)

We got out of the pool and changed into our running clothes and off to the track we went. We did a 10 minute warm up and stretched, then we had to run a mile or 2 miles and keep track of our time. I decided to just do one mile, I did my mile in 10:47. Not too bad considering I usually run a 10 – 10 ½ minute mile. This was the first time I had to workout for a couple of hours before going and running. My legs felt like jello after swimming. I had a great workout day and felt great afterwards. I then headed to get some much needed food. I have been starving after my workouts and believe me I’ve been filling up my belly. I LOVE FOOD :o)

About halfway through the season we will do these benchmarks again to see how we've improved.

Sunday I did not make my team bike ride because our run team had our end of the season party. It was great to see everyone again. It made me miss my team though and I can’t wait to return. I may go back in the fall or winter. We finished around 3pm so it was still early enough to get my ride in. Rocky and I headed out on the Iron Horse and went on a 10 mile ride and guess what? I didn’t fall….YIPPEEE, I think I’m finally getting the hang of this pedal thing. Hmmm, wonder how I’ll do when I ride in a big group….guess, I’ll find out next weekend.

No comments: