Lilypie First Birthday tickers

February 27, 2006

Ppppssssshhhhhhhh

NOT a sound I like to hear. Yesterday was a Bike Day and I needed to get out and bike 10-15miles. I had a SUPER long day on Saturday so when my friend Debbie called at 9am to see if I still wanted to ride I tried to bail....didn't happen though. Thanks to her I got my butt out of bed and headed out to meet her in Livermore. She lives out there and there are lots of trails to ride on. The weather was icky and it rained on us for most of the ride. Things were going really good til I heard the pppsssshhhh.....I had a flat tired :o( Luckily I was prepared and had my extra tube and tools with me. This was the first time I tried to change my own tire and believe me it was not fun. It was cold, it was rainy and changing a brand new tire sucks. After about 30 minutes I finally got my tire changed and we were going to head back. We were towards the end of the ride anyway. So I hope on my bike and PPPSSSSHHHHH AGAIN...what the heck? I don't think I put the tube in correctly and it got pinched somewhere. We ended up having to walk back to her house. Walking in my biking shoes for 15 minutes was not fun at all. I was able to get 10 miles in before my tire incident. Tonight I will go home and try to fix my tire once again, hopefully I can do it right.

THANK YOU Debbie for the donation :o) I am now at $1761.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Oh no! You lived through one of my big fears! Think of it this way - you got it out of the way and now it probably won't happen again!