Lilypie First Birthday tickers

February 08, 2006

Track Workout

WOW...it kicked my tushy :o) We had our first official track workout last night. Each Tuesday we will meet with our Coache's at the DVC Track. Last night we did Speed/Strength Circuits

10 minute warm-up run and stretch

front/back bridges (hold for 30-60 seconds)
2 x 30 yards Skipping
40 yards Heel & 40 yards Toe Walks
Run 1 lap around track

8-15 Push Ups
10-20 Superman Back Extensions
10-20 Squats
Run 1 lap around track

10-20 Lunges
10-20 Bicycle Crunches
8-15 Close Hand Push Ups
Run 1 lap around track

10-15 minute cool down run and stretch

It was a great workout. Coach Tim said we'd probably be sore today and I AM which I guess is a good thing because I did my workout correctly and it's a good sore. We did each group of exercises once but it will not continue to be this way. Next week we will do them twice. Coach Tim also mentioned last night that the workouts are going to get tougher....YIKES! Last night made me realize that there is no messing around and that if I want to finish this triathlon and do well that I've got a lot of work ahead of me and there will be NO WIMPING out this season.

2 comments:

Phil said...

You are so hardcore! Keep up the awesome work cappy! =)

Claudia said...

THANK YOU :o)