Lilypie First Birthday tickers

September 30, 2008

MIA

Sorry I've been MIA :o( things have been a bit busy and I just haven't had anything super exciting to blog about now that I am not training like a crazy person. I have to admit though that I do miss the training just a a tiny bit, only a tiny bit though :o)

I am finally recovered and feeling good. I am hoping to get a flu shot this week and hopefully the rest of the cold/flu season will be okay for me.

Training is going so so for Nike. I was able to get out on Saturday with Olivia and run 6 miles. We decided to join the Bayside Team out at Alameda Ferry. I was expecting it to be pretty cold that morning but it was the opposite and it was quite hot. Despite the heat Olivia and I both had a great run although we both forgot our Garmins so no clue how long it took us. Sometimes I think I like it better when I don't have my watch and I'm not worrying about my pace/time. We both felt good and that's what's important. We haven't decided on a location yet but this weekend we'll finally do our 10 mile long run. The team is running at the San Leandro Marina but we both hate that run. Part of the trail is gravel rocky stuff and we both always end up hurting from running there so we'll pick a different spot. Nike is only 18 days away!!

Other than that things are good. We had a pretty mellow but nice weekend. We spent the day in Sonoma with friends, Matt & Dayna, that we met when we were on vacation in the Dominican Republic. They are from Connecticut and had always wanted to spend a weekend in the wine country. They spent a day in Napa on their own and then we spent a day with them in Sonoma. We had a great time and look forward to seeing them again.

Saturday evening we hung out at our friend Debbies house and just had a nice mellow evening at her house chatting and catching up with another friend, Sharon, which I hadn't seen in a very long time.

Sunday we did nothing but clean the house and watch football. I miss all the training but it's also nice to have my life back and be able to just enjoy some quiet time at home.

This evening we have a viewing to go to and tomorrow a funeral so I will not be running til Thursday. Please keep my sister-in-law, Minnelli, and her family in your thoughts. Her brother passed away on Saturday.

No comments: