Lilypie First Birthday tickers

September 23, 2008

Recovering

Thing are well, sort of. I recovered from the race pretty quickly. In fact I really didn't have any pains from the race. My knees were a little sore on Sunday and other then being pooped I felt great. I had taken Monday off to recover which I'm glad I did. Hubby left for Philadephia so it was just me and the dogs until Thursday.

Monday around 1am I woke up and my throat was on fire and my first thought was OH NO, I'm getting sick but it kind of went away so I thought maybe I'd be okay. The rest of the week I was feeling a bit off and like I just couldn't get enough sleep. Friday eveing by the time I got home I was aching all over and had a fever :o( the rest of the night was not fun. Had a fever, chills/sweating and just felt horrible. Spent the weekend in bed which was not how I had planned on spending my first weekend after the tri. I am doing better today although I still have a bad sinus headache :O( Tried to take some de-congestant but it's making my belly ache and nausea's so I 'm not taking it during the day only at night while sleeping. Which means a yucky headache during the day. I sure hope this goes away soon. I hate being sick.




So what's next for me?

I still have the Nike Half Marathon to do this year so I'm still training, sort of :o( I was able to run with Olivia last Thursday and I actually felt great. We did a short 3.2 mile run in about 37 minutes. We were a bit out of breath on the way back, I think we were going too fast but it was a good run. I had planned on doing an 8 mile run on Saturday in SF with the Fall Team at their Nike Preview Run but that was not happening with me being sick. I have my running stuff with me today but I think I'm just going to head home and rest. I won't run until this weekend....YIKES!

After Nike I'll have a little bit of a break and then I'll be training for the Solvang Century. We'll see if I actually show up to the first training, haa, haa. Everyone keeps telling me that just like anything else with training and more time on my bike I WILL get better but I'm still scared and very nervous about training for a Century. It's not only a century but a hilly one. Keeping my fingers crossed. Hopefully my hubby will be doing it too. He did the race last year and really liked it so hopefully he'll do it again :o)

I am hoping to keep running twice a week and swimming once a week. We worked hard to build up our swimming and we don't want to lose it.

We shall see how it all works out especially since it's gonna be cold, dark and chilly and the holiday's are coming up. WOW, the holiday's are almost here.

No comments: