Lilypie First Birthday tickers

September 08, 2008

He Did It! and We Will Too!

He swam (1.2 miles)


He biked (56 miles)

He ran (13.1 miles)


He finished 70.3 miles and smiling :o)



Congratulations Phil!

He had a personal cheering squad.

Rocky, Olivia & I headed down to Santa Cruz at 4:30am, yes we are pooped, to see Phil do his first triathlon. A few of our friends had gone down the night before and a few others also drove down yesterday. Phil had his own cheering squad and we had blast. It was HOT and we all got a bit crispy but what better place to spectate then Santa Cruz. While Phil was out pounding out each mile we went and had fun at the pier. We ate, we drank, we squashed ourselves in a little booth to take pictures, rode the rides and hung out on the beach. It was like being at a carnival. It was a long day but we made the best of it.

Saturday was my last run with the tri team :o( we only have 4 days left. I can't believe it. The run was short and sweet 20 minutes out and 20 minutes and then a nice small breakfast with Amy at Chow's in Lafayette. Afterwards I went home and did laundry and just relaxed. Rocky had done a long 14 mile run in the heat and we both just wanted to relax. That's what we did.

This week I have one more swim tomorrow and one more track workout on Wednesday and we are DONE!! Thursday will be my day to get everything packed and Friday we travel to Pacific Grove. Being at Phil's race yesterday pumped me up but also made me nervous. I just want Saturday to be here so I can get this darn thing done :o) I can't wait!

2 comments:

Phil said...

thanks for being out there. you're gonna do so AWESOME!

Olivia said...

Phil's right... your going to do an AWESOME job!! And I can't wait for spectating weekend #2 at the beach!!