Lilypie First Birthday tickers

September 15, 2008

Blessed!

15 weeks of training came to a close on Saturday with an amazing race. 2 years ago I did the Wildflower Triathlon and hated it and had a horrible race and finished in 4:45:53 :0( Saturday I broke my time setting a PR for myself. I had hoped to finish in 4 hours and I finished in 3:57:13, feeling the best I have felt in a race in years.

The last 15 weeks would not have been possible without the support from my hubby. Rocky has been supportive of all this craziness since the day he met me. This season took me away from home, from him and the doggies quite a bit and more then any other season. He didn't even blink an eye and just kept on pushing me and supporting me. He has always believed in me no matter what the task at hand is. LOVE YOU and THANK YOU!!!

Although Phil was training for a different distance and Amy and I would end up swimming, biking and running at different paces at the weekend workouts they were my training buddies. We also spent quite a bit of time together during the week swims. THANK YOU for your encouragement and support. If you guys weren't there I know I probably wouldn't have trained as hard. CONGRATULATIONS also to both of you on great races. I am very proud of you. You are both triathletes now :o)

THANK YOU to our families. My dad drove 5 hours from the Ventura area to come see me on Saturday and then drove back home after I finished. It meant the world to me to have him there and see him at the finish line.

Mom & Dad Reyes also came out and then drove all the way to Sonoma for another commitment. THANK YOU!!!

Olivia, Lindsay, Phil, Lael, Coach Al, Mama Lisa, Debbie and her boyfriend Brian...THANK YOU so much for making the drive down there to support us. My heart was touched and it was awesome having you guys out there cheering us on.

There is a funny story about Anita and Bree who were also there to cheer us on....THANK YOU! :o) As Amy talks about in her blog quite a few of the girls in her close group of friends were moving away and she was having a very hard time. A few months back I decided to invite her two friends that were still here because I knew she wouldn't. They talked, they planned and they decided to drive down Saturday morning. Amy had NO IDEA and I begged her not to drown me after I showed her who was there :o) She was very thankful to have them there to share the end of this journey with them. I'm glad they were able to make it.

THANK YOU also to all our friends who emailed, called, sent me text messages and left messages on facebook. I appreicate all your good wishes and words of encouragement.

I can't forget to thank Martin & Minnelli, my brother/sister-in-law :o) who babysat our crazy doggies while were were gone. They must have had a blast because they have both been sleeping since we got home yesterday.

I just bought a hanging for our wall that reads

Life is not measured by the breaths we take,
but by the moments that take our breath away

This weekend took my breath away.

I have been blessed with an amazing husband, two amazing families and amazing friends. This journey could not have been possible without all of you. You all hold a special place in my heart. THANK YOU for your love and friendships!

5 comments:

Phil said...

a big thanks to you and Amy. I would not have survived the swim if it wasn't for you guys pushing me every Tuesday and Thursday. you don't even know how many times I just wanted to stop in the middle of the workout, but you guys kept swimming and I followed. thanks! great job this season. i'm sort of missing the pool already.

Amy said...

You're the leader of the pack honey! Where you go, we've followed. Thank you for such an -- um -- INTERESTING season! :) I miss you already!

My Son Calls me Papi said...

GREAT job on finishing the Race, is such a great time! That is a huge accomplishment! Hope both you and Rocky are doing well. Ray :)

Jeanette said...

I'm so very proud to be your friend.

runnergrl123 said...

Congratulations! I am very proud of you and everything that you've accomplish. You are an amazing woman!!