Lilypie First Birthday tickers

October 06, 2008

Ready for Nike

My poor little blog is getting lonely. Stress is high around these parts of town and I haven't had much time for blogging. I'll try to get better this week.

Last Thursday I had a great run with Olivia and Amy. We did a little over 3 miles in a little over 36 minutes. We were quite warm since it was pretty muggy out and we were pretty out of breath when we finished but I felt good otherwise.

Saturday Olivia and I met up at Heather Farms in Walnut Creek for our long 10 mile run to prepare for Nike in 2 weeks. We decided against running with Rocky and the team because they were running in San Leandro and neither one of us likes the trail there. We always end up leaving there in pain. We decided to do short loops since we didn't have water stops. We needed to come back to the car to fill up. It actually worked out great and made the 10 miles go super fast. We headed out to the left of the trail 2.5 miles and came back. I fueled up with some water and sharies and the refilled my electroytes and then headed back out. 2.5 miles to the right of the trail and back. 10 miles completed in exactly 2 hours. The weather cooperated better than we had expected so that was nice also. It was actually a bit warm for the first 5 miles but the second half was much cooler although I think because of the humidity we were both drenched in sweat, grody!

We ran at a nice comfortable pace. Not all out and not super slow and if we can keep that up at Nike we can finish the race in a good time, not great time but maybe better than we've done in the past few years. We shall see. I feel ready though and I'm excited. I had some pain in the knees while running which is not good but hopefully that doesn't bother me on race day. Sunday I was a little sore all over but today I feel good. YIPEE!!!

I am hoping for 3 days of running and one of swimming this week. We'll see how the week turns out.

3 comments:

Phil said...

way to go this weekend. see u Wed!

Jeanette said...

Good job honey!

Anonymous said...

Hi, I just happened across your blog and noticed that you will be running in the Nike Half this coming Sunday also. I, too, am a TNT runner that will be flying in from Michigan to run the half. I noticed that you have done quite a few events, that's awesome! I'm excited to meet other TNT members from around the country that will assemble in SF for the race. Great job, and have a great run! Go Team!