Lilypie First Birthday tickers

October 23, 2008

Looking back at Nike

As I had metioned before Nike is not a race that I train hard for. I do Nike because it'a fun race although a tough course for me because I'm not good on the hills. I also do it for all the fun clothes I get to buy at Nike and the prize at the end, the Tiffany Necklace :o) Nike has also always come after a marathon for me and by the time I do Nike I'm pooped so it's also why I don't push myself to hard. I was looking at my results from the past and it's funny to see how I've progressivly gotten worse in my time although this year I did do a bit better so maybe it's a sign that at some point in my future Nike races I'll do better :o) or as best as I can on this darn hilly course.

My best half marathon time is 2:19:08 which was in 2003 at the Avenue of the Giants Half Marathon. Here is a little history on Nike.

Nike 2004 - Ran the Portland Marathon 2 weeks prior
2:40:22

Nike 2005 - Ran the Chicago Marathon 3 weeks prior and was having plantar faciitis/shin splint issues
2:46:14

Nike 2006 - Did the Wildflower Triathlon in March, then did the Disney Half Marathon in September. I continued to train but not as hard as I should have
2:55:27

Nike 2007 - Ran Nike against doctors orders and then went on to Walk New York which took me 7 hours :o( Had not trained at all since I had fallen in September.
3:03:04

Nike 2008 - Did the Pacific Grove Traithlon in September and then trained kind of sort of with Olivia. Got the flu and missed my 8 mile run. Managed to get my 10 mile run in but then didn't run for 2 weeks until race day.
2:52:13

No comments: