Lilypie First Birthday tickers

October 09, 2008

New Challenge New Race

Things are good and we are only a week away from doing Nike. I'm feeling good and excited. Tuesday evening Olivia and went on a run which went, aaahh okay. Neither one of us really felt like running. In fact there were a few text messages back and forth and we were super close to bailing. We didn't though and we were good girls and went on our run. It was hot and we were a bit slow but it still went well and we did 3.10 miles, YAY US!!!

Last night I was suppose to swim with Amy & Phil but wasn't able to and really won't be able to the rest of the month. I had told them that I'd commit to swimming starting the first week of November but I guess they found out last night that the pool will be closed in November for maintenance :o( we'll have to come up with another plan.

I won't be running again til the weekend and it'll probably be just a short 6 mile run and then next week running is pretty much out since I've got a busy schedule everyday after work :o( then it's time for Nike. YIKES!

So you say, what's my next Challenge?

I found out this week that I was accepted to be a volunteer on the Winter Cycle Team. I will be the Web Captain and I will be training for the Solvang Century. YEP 100 mile bike ride! I am super excited because it's a new challenge and because it's close enough to my parents that hopefully they will come :o) but I'm also scared! If you live in the East Bay you know that there really isn't any flat areas to train and that if you are in the hills there are major HILLS!!! From what I hear the training ends up being much harder than the actual race. I am scared!!!

Rocky will not be on the team because he's going to focus on school while he's got a bit of a break but he will do the race with me. As we learned last year he doesn't need much training :o( I am excited and a few of our friends will be on the team so it should be a fun and very interesting season.

Wish me luck :o)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW, a century?? Awesome!! I can't wait to hear about your training and how things are going. I'm sure you're going to kick butt.

Amy said...

Ok, good luck! :) And hey, way to blow us off to go run with Olivia. :)

Claudia said...

umm, I ran with Olivia on TUESDAY not Wednesday!! so phhbbttt!!!!

Olivia said...

Boo hoo... we'll be on different teams again. But I know you'll kick ass on the cycle team!

Phil said...

You're gonna have an awesome time and I guarantee after this upcoming season you are going to feel so much more comfortable on the saddle than ever before.