Lilypie First Birthday tickers

May 30, 2008

Weight in Pictures & Numbers

There is a whole long story about my day yesterday and about how I could have cancelled because I forgot all my swim gear but I'll just get over it and move on. I was a good girl and instead of cancelling on Amy & Phil I headed over to Big 5 and got a new swimsuit, goggles & swim cap and I made my way to poopy lake Shadow Cliffs. It was freezing once again and we had originally decided to do 5 laps but for some weird reason I had lots of energry and did 8 laps :o) YAY! I was very tired and frozen by the end but I was proud of us. Phil got 6 laps done which is super great considering it was his first time out since he did it with Rocky 2 years ago. YAY PHIL!

We are San Diego bound this weekend to watch/cheer/support our friends at the San Diego Rock & Roll Marathon, Ms. Olivia will be doing the half marathon. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE! and GOOD LUCK to Ms. Amy whose doing a half here in Alameda tomorrow.

Now on to the weight issue. As you can see from my ticker I've lost 12lbs. I started WW AGAIN back in December at it's taken me that long to lose the weight and not gain it all back. I have been good during the week at work but of course not so good on my weekends but the good news is I'm still down the 12lbs and that's all that matters. I have 17 more pounds to lose and when I tell this to people I get the response - NO YOU DON'T YOU LOOK GREAT! I may not look fat to most of you but I feel fat and as you will see in pictures I used to be much much skinnier. In fact my goal weight is 110-115. I used to be 95-100 until I was about 25 years old :o( The nice thing about my body is that even at 95lbs I still looked okay and not anorexic because I've got a big bottom half of my body :o) so it makes up for the top smaller part.
So let's take a look back.

aaww, Chunky Monkey :o) here everything is chunky but look at them legs! (1976, I think)


1994 Senior in High School (95lbs and again look at them legs, not so skinny)

1999 (I think) Concert at the Concord Pavillion (95lbs)

2003 Las Vegas for the Half Marathon (100lbs)

2004 or 2005 I can't remember at all what season this is and what we were training for, Cynthia do you remember? (105lbs and already freaking out about my weight going up, the cute outfit now just sits all alone in the closet :o( )


2005 w/hubby at Track Workout (110-115lbs, again I thought I was huge and now looking back I look fine and this is my ideal weight that I'm trying to get back to)

Now at 132lbs (at my highest I was at 144 which was back in December, not so good when the maximum weight for my height is 128, yikes)


So see, I will not disappear and look sickly if I lose another 17lbs. I will be just right and I'll be a happy camper.

Now that training is starting my plan is to be as strict as I can with my weight watchers points and of course workout like a crazy girl during training. I'm hoping those two things together will help me with the last bit of weight that I need to lose. It's frustrating that weight lose is such a constant struggle for not just me but many people. It seems to be the issue for everyone. Wish we could just eat the foods we like and go on our merry skinny ways. Oh well, we keep plugging along and make it work, right?

5 comments:

Amy said...

Such a cute baby! And yay for you for shopping and swimming last night.

Jeanette said...

You're killing me! When you hit 25 you became a real woman and not a child. you look best at the 115ish weight.

You're on your way!

runnergrl123 said...

I think we were training for Portland. That's my guess. Good luck on your weight journey and of course training for your tri. I'm sure you'll get the results you want in both!

Olivia said...

Uggg... Why can't the foods we love be the healthy ones :(

You look gorgeous in all those pictures!!! Muah!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.