Lilypie First Birthday tickers

May 09, 2008

Auditions

Well things are back to normal, work, school (Rocky), band practice, laundry, daily house chores and running around like chickens with our heads cut off. Gosh, how I miss my 4pm naps :o( It's been a busy week and we'll have a busy weekend but a fun one.

Last night I held auditions for all my black shoes :o) Tomorrow night we are going to the Man/Women of the Year Campaign Grand Finale Gala.

Here is a little bit about it:

The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Man & Woman of the Year 2008 Campaign culminates at the black tie Grand Finale gala. We'll honor our candidates, the 2008 Boy & Girl of the Year, and volunteers as we celebrate 9 weeks of high-powered fundraising between Bay Area candidates. The candidates compete to raise money for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society and to increase awareness of blood cancers.

This lavish, black-tie event will unveil the 2008 Man & Woman of the Year. The event features an elegant cocktail hour with hors d'oeuvres, live entertainment, live and silent auctions, sumptuous 3-course dinner in the Palace's Grand Ballroom and dancing to the sounds of the Bob Claire Orchestra until midnight. This event is all-inclusive; food, wine, cocktails and entertainment. Past candidates have included Mayor Gavin Newsom, Narada Michael Walden and Harry Denton.

About the Man & Woman of the Year Campaign: Established in 1990 by Hastings Clothier in San Francisco, the Man & Woman of the Year competition was in remembrance of John Spencer, a valued employee who died of leukemia at age 39. Since then more than 250 candidates have raised over $2.5 million to benefit The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, Northern California Division.

Our friend Brian is one of the candidates for 2008 and in 9 weeks he has raised almost $40,000, his goal is $50,000, and has done an amazing job. We are really crossing our fingers that his the winner. We are all so very proud of him.

The event is black tie and I hadn't really thought about it all until we got back and then I was in panic mode. Rocky needed to rent a tuxedo and I needed to go find a gown because ALL and I mean ALL of my pretty fancy dresses are strapless :o( and with my icky dry snake skin peeling that would not look pretty. Rocky took care of doing the tuxedo thing and will be picking it up this evening. I had to run out and buy a dress and the dress god's were with me because in about 20 minutes I was able to find one on my lunch Wednesday...PHEW!! I bought it and then drove right over to the alterations place to have it shortened because me is a little person and it was way too long. She had it done in one day so I picked it up yesterday :o)

The day I bought the dress I was wearing super high heel shoes so when I took the dress in to have it fitted that's what she fitted me with and then I realized that I didn't have fancy high heel shoes so off I went to buy new shoes. DUH!!! Anyway I tried on my dress with my shoes last night and it looked great but of course me being the girl I am I took out all my dressy black shoes and tried them all on to see how they looked. I was hoping just maybe one of my other shoes would work and I could return the new ones. The new shoes looked the best but hey it was worth the effort. I then realized, holy smokes I have a LOT of black shoes. These are only my dressy ones :o) I have lots of black flip flops and black boots and black work shoes :o) I think I heart black :o)


the candidates



the winner (the new shoe)


the dress of course is black (like 80% of my clothes in my closet)


We are super excited about the event and a few of our other friends will be there. It'll be fun to get all dressed up and go to a fancy party. We don't get to do that often.

Sunday we are going to the Giant's Game with all of Rocky's Family for Mother's Day. We've been doing it the last few years and it's always a lot of fun.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY
TO MY FRIEND DEBBIE

and

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

TO OUR MOMMMIES AND ALL THE MOMMIES OUT THERE

No comments: