Lilypie First Birthday tickers

May 12, 2008

And The Winner Is......

.......more on that in a bit :o)


Our weekend was fun but yikes I need another day off to recover.

Friday evening I met Amy for pedicures and then dinner. I had the funnest time with her. After our pedicures we decided to head over to the Walnut Creek Yacht Club for some seafood. They were pretty busy and told us they had no tables but could sit at the new Oyster Bar which they serve a full menu at. We agreed and as we were being seated we noticed that another one of our friends from TNT, Susan Wheeler, was there with a friend. We were seated right next to them and the whole night was a blast. We ate some super yummy oysters, seafood cocktail and salads.


We tried the Cielo Rosso, a drink made of Skyy Citrus Vodka, Campari, fresh basil, fresh ruby grapefruit juice, fresh lemon juice, simple syrup, lemon zest and sugar around the rim, it was delicious. This drink just won Manny, the mixologist (bartender), the Shake It Up competition in Las Vegas.



Saturday morning hubby and I headed out to the Spring Festival in Alameda with the doggies. Rocky's uncle is in a band and was going to be playing for a couple of hours so we decided to head out and check them out. It was a nice day for a festival. We had lunch out there and walked around and checked out all the booth's. We took the doggies to say hi to the animals at the petting zoo but they weren't too thrilled with that. Patch was scared of the goats :o(

After the festival we headed back home to relax for a little while before getting ready for the Gala. We headed into the city about 5pm because we didn't want to get stuck in traffic but there was none so we were there super early. We had a drink at Maxfield's inside the Palace Hotel while we waited for the Gala to start.

and the winner was.........


.....our friend Brian (with his wife Amy in the picture). We are all so very proud of him and were so happy when they announced his name. He worked so hard for the 9 weeks to try and meet his goal of $50,000. I am not quite sure what the final number was but I know that at the start of the night he was at $40K. At the gala people could give last minute donations and money from the auction items were also put towards their fundraising. I'll have to find out from him what his final total was. We had such a fun time hanging out with everyone and I even won one of the auction items. Hubby and I get to go to Infineon Raceway in August for the Indy Car Races. We are excited.





Sunday we were up and at it again. We headed out to the Giant's game with the Reye's Family for a day at the ballpark. It's kind of become a tradition to go to the ball game on Mother's Day. Rocky's oldest brother works for E-Trade and his company has a luxury suite at the park. Him and his friend book the suite and both of the families go for the day. It's been a lot of fun but I hear this is the last year :o( their contract is up. Anyway, we had a great time and I had fun hanging out and chatting with both of my sister-in-laws. We were made fun of because I don't think we watched any of the game we just sat and chit chatted the whole time and ate :o) I didn't even know if we had won or lost...oopsy.

After the game we headed home to spend the rest of the evening relaxing :o)

1 comment:

Amy said...

Stupid blogger ate my first comment. :(

Anyway, thank you for not telling the world that I knocked over your drink, spilling it and breaking the glass. Oh wait -- I just did. :) I had a great time!