Lilypie First Birthday tickers

May 16, 2008

Hot & Miserable

The doggies, the hubby and I were over heated last night. It's suppose to be cooler in Oakland right? NOT REALLY :o( It's 101 in Walnut Creek and yes it might be only 92 in Oakland but that is still hot. We live upstairs and we have no air conditioning :o( At 9pm it was still in the 80's inside our house. I ended up giving the doggies a cool shower to cool them down and I've been putting ice in their water. Poor doggies have been running around the house with their tongue haning out. It's not fun. I love warm weather but geesh this is crazy and we didn't even really get a chance to get gradually get into warm weather. We went from 40's to 100's in just a day or two. It's suppose to cool down a bit today and into the weekend so we are hoping it won't be as bad the next few days.

I haven't slept well because of the heat and was feeling a bit under the weather yesterday so I did not swim :o( sorry Amy. We plan on going again next week though.

On Wednesday night I had dinner with Olivia Poo :o) I hadn't really seen her since we left on vacation and I had a few goodies I brought back for her. I had a gift certificate to a wine bar in Danville that she gave me for my birthday last year so we thought we'd put it to use but when we looked online we found out that the store is closed for remodel :o( so that wasn't going to work. We still went to a wine shop though but we went to Walnut Creek. We tried Artisan Wine Lounge & Cafe since it had great reviews on yelp.com. We decided to try the Sangria and OMG it was yummy :o) Olivia tried a few of the wines but I stuck to the Sangria since we are going to Sonoma for wine this weekend. We also had a platter of cheese which was also very good. Afterwards we went and had a salad at Pyramid and sat outside since it was so nice out. It was a nice evening catching up :o)

Tomorrow Rocky, Amy and I are headed to Sonoma for the day. We are picking up wine and going to the Spring Party that Cline holds for it's club members, should be fun. Sunday is Miss Daisy's birthday party :o) she's very excited.

Have a great weekend and stay cool!

No comments: