Lilypie First Birthday tickers

May 14, 2008

Swimming with the Fish

That is exactly what I did last night and I'm not happy about it :o(

Last night Amy and I headed to Shadow Cliffs in Pleasanton to swim. I hate swimming there, there are big ugly fish in the water and goose/duck poop from all the darn geese/ducks out there :o( Blech! The water is stinky and you just feel icky when you get out of there. Anyway, we had to do it though. We need to get swimming in open water before we do the Tri 4 Fun in June.

How did I get sucked into all of this? Oh wait, I didn't get sucked in by anyone. I sucked myself in and took Amy with me :o(

We did 5 laps which is about 800 meters. It was freezing in the water. There were two ladies out here putting on wet suits and told us we were brave for going in without any. She said the water was about 67 degrees. It felt much colder. When we got out it was nice and warm out but we were frozen. The swim went well and considering neither one of us has swam in open water in a very long time we did good. We are going back on Thursday.

1 comment:

Phil said...

good job!