Lilypie First Birthday tickers

May 19, 2008

Daisy Heart Cake

Had a great weekend with the hubby, the doggies and our friends.

Friday after work I headed over to Rakestraw Books to see Barbara Walters. I was actually a bit disappointed :o( I had gotten a special ticket for $10, instead of the general public $3 ticket, so that I could be at the front of the line and be able to see her first. Thank god I had that ticket because I read they had sold about 750 tickets and all those people had to stand in the line that wrapped around the building and down the street and around the corner and it was HOT. Anyway, I was about 5th in line when I got there and of course I took a picture and then some lady comes and tells me I can't. So no pictures with her but no pictures of her either, that was dumb. They had asked you to open your book to a specific page that she would sign, you put the book in front of her, she signs it and then they shove you out the door :o( I think I was in there for a whole 2 seconds. I know that Barbara Walters is almost 80 years old and I understand that it's not going to be some chaotic book signing but geesh why can't we take pictures and why couldn't they of had her maybe speak to the "preferred" ticket holders. So silly. Anyway, I got my book autographed and she looked great.


Here is the picture I was able to snap.

Saturday I had to head out of the house early to go to Walnut Creek and pick up Ms. Daisy's birthday cake for Sunday. I also had a bunch of errands to run and then I headed back home to wait for Amy. Rocky, Amy & I headed up to Sonoma for the day. It was super hot there but also very windy which caused me to have some very nasty allergies, that part wasn't fun. The rest of the day was though. Amy is a hoot!

We started off at Cline, they were having a party for their club members, which we are, and we also had wine to pick up. When we went to the party in October it was inside one of the barrel rooms but this one was outside in more of a picnic style. The grounds are filled with lots and lots of trees so we were able to find a shady spot and lay down our blanket. They had bbq food which was all great. They had potatoe salad, corn, corn bread, chicken, beef and cookies for dessert. They were also pouring all of their wines and had a live band. We ate, had a few glasses of wine, listened to the music and after a few hours headed out. We then hit a few more places, Gloria Ferrer, Shug, Mayo and then of course we ended up at Mary's Pizza Shack as we always do after a day of Sonoma. Hubby was the DD so on the way home Amy & I slept all the way home:o) We were a bit pooped and I was not feeling good at all with my allergies in full bloom. It was a bit windy and I think with us sitting on the grass under the trees it just made for a bad combo. My hubby found some allergy eye drops, put a cold towel over my eyes (they were red and puffy) and then I went to bed.




my hubby trying to fly in the wind like superman, but see in the back the trees are sideways, it was super windy



pooped out hubby, I think it was 100 in the shade



Yesterday we had Ms. Daisy's 1st Birthday Party. I was suppose be gone the weekend closest to her birthday so this one worked out best. I am not going to Chile anymore :o( boo, hoo. I will probably be going later in the year which is cool but I won't be going this week. The good news is I'll be home for Memorial weekend with my hubby and I'll be home on Daisy's actual birthday, May 28th :o)

We had a nice group out at Pt. Isabel to celebrate her birthday.

From left to right: Brandon w/Riley, Bree w/Nitro, Daisy, Lindsay w/Annie, Patch, Sarah & Kieren w/Granite & Timm

Daisy was looking mighty cute in her pink dress and birthday hat which by the way, she hates. Patch was happy in his baby blue shirt though :o)


We had cake and Daisy gave out goodie bags filled with animal crackers, a toy and a ball :o) and then we headed out on a nice COLD walk. Patch tried to hitch a ride with Olivia, he was tired of walking.

Holy smokes we were all dressed for 100 degree weather and it was cold and windy :o( We still had a nice walk though and had fun with everyone. THANK YOU! Rocky and I bathed the doggies and then headed home. Everyone was whiped out for the rest of the day.

No comments: