Lilypie First Birthday tickers

April 23, 2007

Back to Reality

I've spent the last two weeks on edge worrying about Brenda. I'd check my email, cell phone and everyone's blogs like 20 times a day wondering how she was doing and waiting for that dreaded phone call. Last Saturday it came and on Thursday we all said goodbye to such an amazing lady at a very beautiful Celebration of Life. It was so good to see so many people come out and pay tribute to her. It was good to see lots of people we hadn't seen in a while. Her husband and "the girls" did a great job putting the whole thing together. It still seems so weird though that she is gone.

The weekend was pretty mellow. I am sick AGAIN...geesh, how many times have I been sick already this year? and we are only in April :o( I'm sure this insane weather isn't helping. It's 80 degrees one day and then next day it's 40 degrees and raining. As is the case this week. It was raining and cold this weekend and this coming Friday it is suppose to get in the 80's....huh! No wonder my body is freaking out. Anyway, I spent most of Friday afternoon and Saturday in bed. I think Saturday evening I slept for about 14 hours. Although still stuffy and coughing I felt much better on Sunday after all the rest.

I've got quite a bit of the house packed so I'm doing good there. I need to buy some more boxes today and some foamy stuff so I can pack my breakable things in the kitchen. I think I might be able to get everything packed before I leave for Maui.

We leave for Maui in 5 days. I will start packing my clothes tonight since most of the stuff I'm bringing I don't need here. MAUI....YIPEEE!!

No comments: