Lilypie First Birthday tickers

March 09, 2007

Prognosis

I went to the doctor yesterday because I have been having some major pain in both my hands. I've had the pain for at least a year but it has gottne progressively worse in the last few months. Last year around this time I was knitting a bunch and was training for my triathlon so my doctor thought that with the repetitive motion from the knitting and the holding on for my life on my bike was causing the pain. I have not ridden my bike and I went through a period during the holidays that I wasn't really knitting and the pain was till there and getting worse. I finally decided to go in and get checked out again. My doctor doesn't think it's carpal tunnel so I guess that's a good thing. He thinks it's just a bad case of tendinitis. So he has put me on mass quantities of motrin and wants me to start physical therapy. I have my first appt on Monday. I have a feeling that knitting is not going to be allowed for a while :o( My other problem is I don't really get to rest my hands cause I type all day. It'll be interesting to see how the physical therapy goes and what they'll tell me to do/not do. I started taking the motrin yesterday when I left the doctor and I can already tell it's working. YAY!!

Walking Update - I got home a little early yesterday so I threw some cloths in the wash and Patch and I headed out for our walk. We headed in our usual direction so he wouldn't freak out. I think we'll try the new direction again next week.

Knitting Update go here

Weekend Happenings - We've got a coached run at Lake Chabot tomorrow follwed by the Honoree Potluck. The weather is suppose to be nice which is always good for us who are just standing around supporting :o) I am going to bring Patch with me. We are doing a St. Patrick's Day theme, we don't have a run next weekend, so I'll be wearing my green shirt with a St. Patty's hat and Patch will be wearing his St. Paddy's Day shirt that says LUCKY on it :o) Saturday evening we are going to a mentee social at a participants house. He is cooking his famous Tri-Tip which I hear is delicious. I can't wait to try it. Sunday morning will be a relaxing morning and Sunday evening Rocky has a gig. YEP, another busy weekend.


'myspace

2 comments:

Amy said...

I'm sorry to hear about your poor little hands! I hope that knitting and typing are considered therapy. Enjoy your drugs! :)

Phil said...

i hope the hands get better soon.