Lilypie First Birthday tickers

March 13, 2007

Physical Therapy

I had my first physical therapy appointment yesterday and it went well. The best part was that my PT lady said I don't have to stop knitting...YAY! :o) She did some therapy with the ultrasound machine and then she had me do some stretching exercises. I have to do those same exercises at home. I also have to submerge my hands in a bowl of cold water first and then a bowl of hot water twice a day for at least 8-10 minutes. I need to be more conscience about how I type at work. I have a bad habit of laying my hands on my keyboard pad while I am typing and that is a big NO NO. You are suppose to use it to rest when you aren't typing not all the time. I am doing better at it but it feels weird and my hands get tired. I also just need to be careful with my posture at my desk. All of these things are affecting my hands. I know I don't always have the best posture at my desk. I will see her again next week and then after that she said I can call her when I feel I need to see her. It's a $25 copay for me so she said she knows the money adds up and if I do everything she tells me that this should get better and I won't need to see her too often.

The weekend was a great. We had the coached run and honoree potluck out at Lake Chabot. It turned out to be a gorgeous day. I took Patch with me and he had a good time. We even went on a one mile walk. Saturday night was the mentor social and we had a great time and go to meet lots of new people from the team. Sunday, Rocky and I had lunch out on the patio at Pyramid, we had to enjoy the great sunshiney day. He had a gig that evening but it got cancel so instead I spent my afternoon knitting (knitting update) and we watched a movie. It was a mellow day.

I am LOVING this awesome weather :o)

1 comment:

Phil said...

glad it's getting better!