Lilypie First Birthday tickers

August 02, 2006

50 marathons in 50 days

UPDATE to my post earlier today - hee, hee...look what I found :o) This was out in SF with Dean last year. He had a book signing and you could run with him from one book store in SF to the other. He kicked my butt but it was fun.

So you think I am crazy because I have made this endurance thing my life? Haa, haa...check this out.

The Northface Endurance 50

50 marathons, 50 states, 50 consecutive days. Dean Karnazes (Dean's Bio) begins the North Face Endurance 50, the ultimate running expedition, on September 17th in Missouri and aims to finish 1,310 miles later on November 5th in New York City. Along the way he will transcend preconceived notions of human endurance to inspire people to test their own personal limits.

This guy is amazing and a couple of us had the pleasure of meeting him last year during his book signing of the Ultramarathon Man.

He is a huge inspiration and motivator. You can even sign up to run with him. I'm actually thinking about it although I'm not sure I could keep up. You can run the entire 26.2 miles with him or part of it. It's a $100 donation and you get some great goodies. I think it would be an amazing experience.

3 comments:

Carol said...

I also read the book---simply amazing--especially about running a marathon in Antartica!

Anonymous said...

I think we should sign up. He's running a marathon on October 3rd in San Francisco. Hmm.. that gives us 2 months to train for a marathon.

Claudia said...

I know, I am really considering it I'd just have to take the day off work since it does land on a Tuesday but I think it would be fun and if we really train train train, we could do it :o)