Lilypie First Birthday tickers

August 07, 2006

Exhausted Part II

Boy it was a busy weekend. A fun weekend but a busy one and exhausting one. Saturday was the first coached run of the season. We met at Heather Farms in Walnut Creek. Olivia and I had to be out there at 6:45 :o( to help set up water stops. Our team doesn't start running til later in the morning but because we share water stop duty with the Summer Team we were out there bright and early. Olivia, Phil and I decided to run 3 miles early and then 3 miles later with our Fall Team. The first 3 miles were great although it seemed a lot warmer than 60 degrees. We finished the first 3 miles in a little over 30 minutes. Not bad, seems like we mananged to keep a 10 minute pace. Rocky was suppose to run with us but a few of the other boys convinced him to run 8 miles, so he did. We came back and greeted our fall team as they arrived, we had a shoe clinic first and then we were back out running. I think the second 3 miles took us a little longer and it was much warmer and I was a little dehydrated. We got the 3 miles in though and felt pretty good. Why I feel today like I ran a marathon I have no idea. For some reason my entire body is very sore....hmmm, maybe it's the fact that I haven't been running any other day but Saturday and so it ends up kicking my butt :o( That will change this week though since we start our buddy runs on Tuesday and track on Thursday night. I am also going to start swimming tomorrow. My plan is to head out and run with the ream for 30 minutes and then go swimming at Heather Farms since we'll already be out there.

The rest of the weekend was pretty fun. We headed out to Danville to watch our friend Jeanette's band on Saturday evening. There were over 20 of us crazy TNT'ers there. Sunday another bunch of us crazy TNT'ers headed out to Stern Grove in SF to watch a free concert.


Saturday evening at Music in the Park in Danville

1 comment:

Rock said...

I think I'll get myself a parasol...