Lilypie First Birthday tickers

August 09, 2006

15 min our 15 back

Last night was the first buddy run of the Fall Season, it's always fun to watch the new people come out and wonder how they are going to run for 30 min (about 3 miles for some) and not pass out. 4 months later they are running 3-5 hours, it's kind of crazy. We had a pretty good turnout, not as big as I thought but a good crowd and the summer team was also out there so that added a few people. We did 15 minutes out and 15 minutes back which for me is about 3 miles although last night I don't think I made it to the 3 mile maker but I was close. My friend and TNT Alumni, Cynthia, came out and ran with me and that was very helpful. It was once again pretty warm last night and you know me, I hate the heat. We had a good run though and it was nice to have the company. I did not swim last night but I did head over to the pool and helped Ray, Cynthia's boyfriend, with some drills. It was funny to watch him do the drills and wonder how the heck he is going to swim 1600 yards at Wildflower next year. That was me not long ago but I did it and I know he will too. It was a very productive evening. Looking foward to track on Thursday. I hear it's suppose to be in the 90's today :o( hope it doesn't start to get insanely hot again.

No comments: