Lilypie First Birthday tickers

August 28, 2006

not quite 8 miles

This weekend the training schedule called for a 10 mile run. The plan was to get out to the Berkeley Marina by 6:30 so that we could have our water stop people squared away with their supplies and directions then we'd go on a 2 mile run. We were going to do the other 8 miles with the team. That didn't quite work out the way we wanted to. By the time we got the water stop people on their way it was too late for us to go on a run so we decided to just do the 8 miles with the team. I hadn't been feeling good all week so my eating wasn't great, I was pretty well hydrated so that was good but I also had a headache before we even started running. Other than the massive headache I had by the time I got to mile 4 I felt really good. I haven't felt good during any of my runs this season, probably cause my training during the week hasn't been great and then on Saturday's I am doing long runs. I was able to do about 7.5 miles which was great because I thought by taking the short cut I'd only get 7 in. We've got 20 days til the Disneyland Half so I really need to make sure that I am good for the next few weeks and go to all the buddy runs and the track workouts. I'm gonna have to figure out when I'm going to get my run in this weekend since we'll be at a wedding Saturday and I won't be able to run with the team. Although I didn't get all my mileage in on Saturday I'm happy that I felt good and was able to do the 7.5 miles.

1 comment:

Phil said...

good job despite the headache!