Lilypie First Birthday tickers

October 02, 2007

ONE MONTH

In exactly one month I will be on a plane to NY, woohooo. I can't believe it's almost time to go run this marathon, or walk it :o( but no matter how I get through it it's going to be a lot of fun. Shoot we've only been planning this since January :o)

Things are going so so with the ankle. I thought it was much better although the swelling is still there, that's no fun. I am walking on it and it doesn't hurt to move it side to side or up and down anymore. I even thought that when Rocky was massaging it that the pain was far less. I was WRONG. I was told by Dr. Klein today that I'm not stretching/massaging it enough or hard enough :o( and oh boy was she right. When she did it IT HURT LIKE HELL :o( which means it's still icky in there and I HAVE to do what she says and how she does it or it's not going to get better. You could tell how much more flexible my left ankle is than my right. It's pretty stiff when she tries to move it around. Dr. Klein said even if I have to scream into a pillow I need to have Rocky really get in there and work on it. Anyway, so we've got a lot of work to do especially if I'm gonna put on my running shoes this weekend and try to run. Or at least my hubby has a lot of work to do :o) hee, hee. Although he's been under the weather lately :o( today he's at home sickie laying under the covers with our doggies.

I've got the Nike Half in a few weeks and I think I may just walk the race to save my ankle for the big race. This is my 4th time doing Nike so I know what to expect and I'm not worried about how well or not well I do. This race always seems to fall at a weird time for me, either before or after a full marathon so I never do all that great. I'm just looking forward to being out there with our team and running in memory of Mrs. Brenda and of course watching Ms. Brandy finish her first full marathon in honor of Colie :o) It's goin to be a great day.

I also realized yesterday that I met Rocky 4 Nike Marathons ago :o) WOW how time flies. Thanks to Mama Lisa's match making, we started dating about 3 months later but this race is where we were first introduced, pretty cool :o)

THANK YOU to everyone who's donated money towards my fundraising. I really appreciate it. My fundraising deadline is this Friday so if you are still interested in donating it's not too late. You can click on the link to the left to get to my fundraising page :o)

THANK YOU...KAREN, PETRA, MARK, TOM S., AARON, OLIVIA, CHARLIE, ONWEENA, KORINA, DEBBIE, TOM B., KATHY, KEN, BETTY & BRUCE...for your generous donations

The weekend was very mellow for us, which we both needed. Rocky is now sickie so I think it was good we stayed home for the most part. We took the doggies to Pt. Isabel on Saturay afteroon and gave them a bath before heading back home. They loved their walk but hated the bath part. The nice part for us was that they were pooped when we got home so the slept the rest of the day :O).

Sunday I had a nice afternoon with Olivia and Lindsay. We met for lunch at Il Fornaio and then walked around Walnut Creek checking out all the booths at the Art Festival downtown. It was a nice mellow afternoon and then I went home to meet Rocky so we could head to Daly City to have dinner with his parents. They ended up having to cancel so we just hung out at home and I got to get some knitting in which made me happy. I had been missing it.

No comments: