Lilypie First Birthday tickers

October 29, 2007

Doggie Depression

Weekend was good and for the most part if was mellow. Friday night we cooked up dinner and stayed in for the night and just relaxed. I had to be up early to meet the team so I went to bed fairly early.

Saturday morning I was up and out of the house by 6:30 and met the team at Lake Chabot for a Coached Run. It was a bit sad though because we only have 8 participants left. They are going to be doing CIM or Hono. For the next 6 weeks we will be out there supporting them through the last few weeks of their training. The mileage was 10-14 and everyone did a great job.

I then went home to clean our house and do all of our laundry, dry it, fold it and put it away so that later I could take it back out to pack :o( Most of the day was spent doing this but later in the evening Rocky and I decided to head to the Tattoo Convention in San Jose. Leslie, my tattoo artist, was going to be there promoting her new tattoo shop, Tatumi, she had also told me that Kat Von D was going to be there. I love Kat. She used to be on the show Miami Ink and now she has her own show, LA Ink. We were able to see her although I was just a few minutes late to get in line for an autograph and photo :o( but I did get a shirt and a few pictures of her. We had dinner at Macaroni Grill and then headed home.



Yesterday was doggie day. I met Lindsay and Brandon at the doggie park and we took the doggies for a walk and then their usual bath afterwards. They all had a good time and my doggies were pooped for the rest of the day. I also hit the farmers market and picked up a few things on the way home. I took a nice little nap and caught up on all my TV and then I started packing and laying things out for NY.

This is what our spare bedroom looks like now:


The clothes on the bed are what I plan to bring for the 4 days we'll be there. The duffel bag sitting inside the red suitcase is actually already packed. It contains all my running gear, my knitting, Mr. Pooh Bear and my Tinkerbell blankie. Yes, I travel with a teddy bear and blankie, NEVER leave home without it :o) The duffel bag will be my carry on.

We've had Patch since he was 8 weeks old, he will be 2 years on Nov. 21st, so he knows very well what it means when I pull out the suitcases. He doesn't like it. He hates when I go away and goes into depression. He even does it when he's staying with his momma Olivia or his daddy. He just hates me leaving. So he has now started his depression and is moping around the house.

This is is what you get when mommy leaves:

Sad Doggie :o(

and then there is Daisy who just wants to play but I found her laying on the ground all alone cause she's not quite sure why her brother won't play with her :O(


I think the doggies are sensing my anxiety as well. I've been doing really good but last night was a rough one. I went to bed early but then woke up at 2:30am and couldn't fall back asleep. My mind was going in a gagillion directions trying to think of everything I need to do before we leave and everything I need to bring and not bring. I tend to over do it on the packing sometimes and I'm trying to avoid that. Anyway, I don't think I ever really fell back asleep :o( I'm pooped today and I hope that won't happen for the next few days. I really need to get some good rest and good food. NY is going to be a bit chaotic and I need all the rest I can get before we get there.

I'm excited and I'm nervous. I can't believe we leave in 4 DAYS!!!!

1 comment:

Amy said...

We should have a "bundle of nerves" party. :(