Lilypie First Birthday tickers

October 08, 2007

Bad Chicago Day :o(

I'm sure everyone is writing about this but Sunday was a strange day for running. In one case we have a great marathon in Portland. Our friend Amy finished in under 6 hours (that was her goal), she finished in 5:57 and our friend Rudy finished in 4:07...WOW! That's awesome. I haven't really gotten details from either of them but considering they both had good races I'm thinking the weather was good for them.

Then we go over to Chicago and people are literally dropping like flies. It was 88 degrees and 80 something % humidity....YUCK! 1 person died and some reports say more than 350 people were taken to hospitals although I'm not sure how accurate that is. It was a bad day though for the Chicago Marathon race. Before the race even started race officials had decided that they would cancel the race if it got really bad and they did. About 4 hours into the race they decided that they needed to cancel the race. Weather conditions were horrible and way too many people were sick. Some people chose to continue but they were told to take it easy and walk. It most have been pretty scary for them. 10,000 runners chose not to even do the race. I probably would have been right along side them.

Weekend was good for us although busy. Saturday went out and met the team at San Leandro Marina, I ran almost 5.5 miles for the first time since I fell. I felt good, had some achy feeling in the ankle but I got through it okay. I was just happy to be out there running. I am sore today though, I feel like I haven't run in months. Hopefully my body will get back up to speed soon since Nike is only a few weeks away. I see Dr. Klein tomorrow for some more torture, I mean therapy.

After the run, Rocky, Olivia and I headed back to the house to clean up and then drive to Sonoma. The winery we are members of had a party for their members. They had food, entertainment and lots and lots of wine. We were starving though on our way up there and were suppose to stop at Taco Bell for a snack but somehow we all ate full meals. The only thing we had room for in our belly's was the YUMMY pumpkin cheesecake. I did have a few baby pickles too :o) I love pickles. We left before the party was over so we wouldn't get stuck in the chaos of everyone trying to get out of the parking lot at once. We decided to head to the Plaza in Sonoma and walk around. Did some wine tasting there and then did some shopping. We needed to buy presents for Emma & Andrew and we accomplished our mission there in the little shops. Afterwards we hit Mary's Pizza Shack for some dinner. By the time we got home it was 8:30 and we were pooped. It was a fun day.

Sunday morning Rocky taught Kali as usual and I stayed home relaxing. When he got home we ready and then headed over to Vallejo to Brandy's house for Emma and Andrews birthday party. We had a good time hanging out with our friends and watching the kids and BIG kids jump in the jumpy Brandy rented. Rocky and I headed home via Walnut Creek, we had to stop at the doggie store there and we decided to just grab dinner there. We had a nice evening out and then headed home to watch our Sunday night shows. Now it's back to work for another busy week.

No comments: