Lilypie First Birthday tickers

October 18, 2007

?

I couldn't think of a title for this post. There is so much going on this week, my head is spinning.

There are lots of emails circulating this week with well wishes to everyone for a good race. One of the things I was going to mention in my post today is that for some reason I seem very emotional the last few days and especially today. It seems to be going around because I just got an email from one of our TNT friends saying the same thing. We are all feeling Cole and Brenda as the days to Nike get closer.

There is so much twirling in my mind about my own race and praying that all goes well. I have not trained at all since I fell and I have no idea how my body will take the race on Sunday and how my ankle will hold out. I'm really praying for the best. Emotionally I am drained.

Last Sunday marked 6 months since Brenda passed away. Last year at the Nike Marathon Brenda was standing at mile 9 bundled up cheering us all one, this year she will be with us in spirit and in our minds but she won't physically be there with her huge smile. I will miss her there.

On Sunday my friend, Brandy, will run her first marathon in memory of Cole. It is going to be so awesome to see her cross the finish line. I am tearing up just thinking about it. Coach has asked that we all wear on our singlet the #5, Cole would have turned 5 years old on Monday, October 22nd. I remember Brandy in Napa when I ran the Napa Marathon the first time, Cole was still alive, she was sitting at the finish line holding Cole and cheering us on. Every time I come a across a finish line at any race I have that picture of them in my head. This year Cole will be at the finish in spirit waiting for his mommy to cross the finish line and we will all be wishing him a very Happy Birthday. As I type this I am staring of a picture of Cole that is in a frame on my desk :o)

Tonight we will be picking up our race packets and then having dinner with a few friends. Tomorrow night is packing night and Saturday we head for SF. We'll be going to the TNT pasta party with all out teammates and then Rocky, Olivia and I will spend the night in Daly City at Rocky's mom's house. My brother in law is going to give us a ride to the start line on Sunday morning. Sunday is RACE DAY! I can't believe it's finally here.

Last night Rocky and I were invited by Amy and Jeanette to attend the Marine Mammal Center Gala. Their boss had donated a lot of money and had purchased 2 tables at the Gala. They had a few extra seats so they invited us to go. The event was being held at the San Francisco City Hall.

We got to get all dolled up and pretty. I had a bit of an issue getting into my dress I wore on New Year's :o( so I had to go purchase a new one. I had NO time for that so I was freaking out a little bit. I got back from Sacramento yesterday with a little bit of time to spare so I hit Macy's in San Leandro. In 15 minutes I managed to find a dress, try it on, find a shawl to go with it and purchase it. In Macy's at 4:15 out by 4:30, that was pretty good for me. It was a simple black dress but very cute and appropriate for the occasion. I flew home, walked the doggies and then jumped in the shower. Rocky got home and we were ready to head out the door by 5:45ish. We decided to drive in and managed to get there in time to hit the cocktail hour. Everyone looked very nice.


Dinner (small plates)

Catfish with Lobster Bisque


Prosciutto over lettuce with orange and jicama slices


Filet Mignon medallion


Goat Cheese with bread, candied walnuts and grapes

Drunken Fruit

and lots of wine

It was delicious. It was also very interesting to see the auction they had. I don't think I've ever seen a live auction. One of the things being auctioned was a getaway to a place in Florida, bidding began at $2500 and 3 ladies were battling it out. I think the final bid was $6900...WOW! We had a great time. THANK YOU Amy for inviting us.

I'll post pictures tomorrow, blogger isn't letting me right now :O(

2 comments:

Phil said...

don't worry about a thing. you all will do AWESOME!

tina said...

What!?! I can't believe you were at the gala and I didn't even see you guys! Next year! :)