Lilypie First Birthday tickers

September 20, 2007

Sprinkle Sprinkle

Summer has come and gone although I do hear we are having temperatures in the 80's next week so maybe it's not completely gone yet. But today, it's sprinkling and we have chances of thunder showers :o(

Anyway, sorry for the lack of posts but I've just been down about the whole ankle thing so instead of whining about it I didn't write.

I am able to put pressure on it and walk but I do need to be careful. I am also able to wear a couple of my boots, just no 4 inch heels, so that is good and I'm sure my boss is happy I'm not wearing flip flops to work any more :o) I tried to wear my tennis shoes but the top part of the shoe hits my bone and that doesn't feel good. I am still having a lot of pain in that area, not sure why. Oh wait, I know, cause Olivia pushed me...haa, haa. I love you :o) Anyway, I am still having pain in that area and the slightest movements in the wrong direction are painful so running is NOT going to happen this weekend. I am very very sad about that. I was hoping to at least get a few miles in. Last time I fell I was able to run after two weeks, this time, I am no where near being able to even try. I have also been referred to a physical therapist so I can start working with him/her. That won't happen til the first week of October though because I'll be at a conference next week. The one good thing about the conference is that it'll force me to let it keep healing and not jump the gun on trying to run. I will be manning a booth so I'll be able to sit all day for 4 days. Sounds fun, doesn't it? :o( I will also be seeing my chiropractor tomorrow morning and she is going to be doing some work on the ankle as well. I'm hoping and keeping my fingers crossed that after next week things will start feeling better. I'll keep ya posted.

No comments: