Lilypie First Birthday tickers

September 27, 2007

Here I am :o)

I’m in Los Angeles for a conference, didn’t want you to think I’d fallen in a ditch somewhere.

Internet service is great in my room but spotty at the exhibit hall which is where I am at ALL DAY :o( By the time I get to my room though I just want to pass out. So no blogging just sleeping.

Here is a recap of the last few days so I can catch up.

Saturday
4:45 – alarm went off :o(
5:45 – we were in the car on our way to San Francisco
6:30 – arrived at Golden Gate Park to meet our teams.

Since I couldn’t run I volunteered to help Lindsay Check participants in. It was a bit chaotic but all in all it went well. Rocky did his 11 mile run in preparation for the Nike Half. Afterwards we hung out and cheered in our teammates. It was a bit chilly and rainy at times but the run went well and everyone did a good job. Our course we were hungry afterwards so Rocky and I hit the Beach Chalet for lunch. It was super yummy and such a pretty view. I’d never eaten there, we’ll have to go back.

Sunday
Relaxed a little and got the house cleaned up. We headed out to Walnut Creek in the afternoon to watch Jeanette’s band play at the Walnut Festival. Quite a few of our friends were there so it was a nice afternoon at the park. Afterwards, Rocky headed home and I went over to Lindy’s for stitch-n-bitch. It was a small group but we had a good time and I even got to try some of Lindy’s home made Limoncello… YUMMY…but OMG very strong drink. Went home fairly early to hang out with my hubby and pack for my trip here.

Monday
Went home, had dinner, finished packing and hung out with my hubby and doggies.

Tuesday
Flew to Burbank, our conference is in Universal City which is a cute little area. I haven’t been here since my parents brought me to Universal Studios when I was little. I was hoping to be able to go but I won’t have time :o( oh well, I’ll have to come back. There is a cool area though called Universal City walk which is a lot like downtown Disney, it has restaurants, shops and other cool stuff. On Tuesday evening my boss took me and a few students from the California School of Mines to Bubba Gumps. It was a fun evening and the food was great. Got back to my room and passed out.

Wednesday
Sat at our booth from 9-5..BORING. My parents only live about 40 minutes from here so they came and picked me up around 7pm and we headed back up to City Walk. We had a nice dinner at Wolfgang Pucks and for dessert some yummy Almond Caramel Popcorn from a shop that only sells fancy popcorns. It was nice seeing my parents and hanging out with them. I was whipped out again so I just headed back to my room afterwards and passed out.

Now, I’m sitting at my boring booth :o( until 5:00pm. I will most likely head back to City Walk to walk around and check out the shops, grab a bite to eat and head back to watch the season premiere of Grey’s Anatomy. YIPEE, I am so excited that all my shows are back.

1 comment:

Phil said...

OOOH! Popcornopolis! I remember that place! I like the churro flavored popcorn!