Lilypie First Birthday tickers

September 13, 2007

blah, blah, blah

Wednesday's have turned out to be my Amy & Olivia nights which has worked out good at home cause it's Rocky's night for band practice. Amy & Olivia nights started out because we are running buddies but have now turned into less running and more into a fun thing although that's not really all that great except for when it involves a pedicure because we are being pampered the rest of the night is usually eating and a drink or two which doesn't go well with training. Last night it was only Amy and I though because Olivia had a few errands to run and was also trying to be a good girl and get her run in, although I see on her blog now that that didn't happen. Amy has some really bad blisters on her feet from her race on Sunday so she is having to take it easy for a few days and you guys all know my story :o( We met up at Chevy's last night and had a very nice evening.

I am suppose to be going camping in Yosemite this weekend but have been going back and forth on whether that was a good idea or not. The smart me says NO WAY, I need to stay home but the not so smart me of course wants to go. We haven't made it up to Yosemite in 2 years and we were going with our friend Lael, his girlfriend and a few other friends so we know it would have been a fun trip. We also don't get to see Lael much so it was a way to get together and hang out. I had emailed Lael yesterday to let him know that I might not be going because of my ankle, he said to see how the rest of the week went and to let him know on Friday what my final decision was. Today I made that decision. We aren't going :o(

I had a meeting this morning and decided that it was going to be a pain for me to be running around in crutches. The location we were going to has a few stairs and the building has lots of construction going on around it. I wasn't sure what the conditions would be so I figured I'd better wear shoes instead of taking a chance of falling while trying to get around on the crutches. I put my boots on because they have lots more support around my ankle.....OUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCHHHHHHHHIIIIEEEE! It didn't feel good at all. I couldn't zip the boot up cause it hurt so I left it open and just putting any pressure on my foot hurt. I toughed it out though and I'm not back in my office with no boot and my brace back on and using the crutches. There is no way that I'm going to be able to get around the campground they way I am right now. So we will have to pass this time and just stay home and continue healing. I'm bummed but I gotta do what I gotta do to get better.

No comments: