Lilypie First Birthday tickers

September 12, 2007

Is it October yet?

September is proving to be a bad month for me. I fell, I burned myself and I had a yucky worm in my sandwich and all in the same week. Maybe I can go on vacation for the last half of this month, hibernate in my house and wake up in October and start fresh :O( YEP, I am whining.

The pain in my ankle is still there, the swelling is still there although not as bad as it was the day I fell or even on Sunday. The only way I guess my ankle would heal very quickly is if I sat on my butt for 2 entire weeks and did NOTHING but that is impossible so I guess it'll just heal at it's own pace and I try to do my best to stay off of it as much as I can and when I can't I just be very careful.

THE WORM. Yesterday I had lunch with Jeanette at Whole Foods. As usual we met up, picked up our food and sat outside. THANK YOU Jeanette for helping me out. Having crutches makes carrying things challenging :o( Anywho, I decided to go for the salami sandwich, some chips and a soda, YUMMY! We were sitting outside chit chatting enjoying our lunch, I had eaten half my sandwich and was about to start working on my second half. My sandwich had way too much salami in it so I opened it up to pull some salami out and rearrange the other yummies in it and took a bite. My sandwich consisted of Olive Tapenade, Lettuce, Tomatoes, Cucumbers, Cheese, Peppers and the Salami. If you've ever had Olive Tapenade you know that it's black because it's made out of Black Olives so all of a sudden while I'm chewing the piece of sandwich in my mouth I see a black thing on my finger and of course my first thought was that it was some of the Tapenade that had spilled out. OH MY GOD, thank god that I didn't lick my finger off, it was a WORM :o( It didn't look like a worm, it sort of looked like food but then I touched it and it moved....aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......I don't care what Jeanette says, I think she fibbed to make me feel better, she said it fell from the awning above our heads. NOPE, it did not, that darn worm came out of my sandwich :o( Needless to say I could not eat the rest of my sandwich and it went in the dump :o( I have a feeling it came out of the lettuce :o( GROSS!!

I had to eat some M&M's and drink a diet coke when I got back to my office just to get the thought out of my head that I had eaten a sandwich with a worm in it. M&M's, they always make me feel better.

THE BURN. I had a nail appointment after work and then I hit Trader Joe's in Walnut Creek on my way. My hubby was at the buddy run so he wasn't able to join me it was a challenge but I got through it. We really needed food in our house. When I got home he still wasn't back from the buddy run so I decided to start dinner so it'd be ready when he did get home, haa, haa, hard dinner, I popped 2 pizza's from Trader Joe's in the oven :o) The dogs were being unruly and were in the kitchen when I had the stove open and somehow when I put the pizza's in the oven and went to close the door my arm touched the inside of the door :o( I burnt my arm. I put ice on it right away and last night it was just a long red spot, today I have a blister on it and it's much darker :o(

Rocky is ready to bubble wrap me and not let me out of his site :o( I'm a mess and really all I wanted to do this morning after feeding the doggies was crawl back under my covers and not come out.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Wow, right now it really SUCKS to be you! I think you need a drink!

Sylvia said...

Hi Claudia-- You have definitely had a few speedbumps on the road of life lately! So now it all has to be over with and you have good times ahead.
Tell Rocky I'm really proud of him being such a good hubby. Kiss Daisy and Patch for me... And take good care of that leg, O.K.?