Lilypie First Birthday tickers

September 21, 2007

Happy News :o) and Fav Foto Friday #2

Meet Ava Webster



This is our friends daughter, Ava. Our friend Kathy lives in Idaho and a few months ago I sent her a box with lots and lots of goodies. I sent her a summer outfit which included a cute little white top and itsy bitsy shorts and these glasses. Kathy sent us a picture of her wearing them :o) I love this picture.

As for my good news, I can probably start running again in 2 weeks and do my marathon :o) woohooo! I had an appointment with Dr. Klein today, my chiropractor and she also works on me when I'm injured. She helped me get through my plantar fasciitis & shin splints when I was doing the Chicago Marathon and she helped me with a horrible pinched never in my neck last year. I love her. Today she helped me out with my ankle and I'll be seeing her a few more times.
The one bad thing about therapy is that it HURTS. She did a full body adjustment on me and then started working on my ankle. OMG, it hurt so bad but she helped me with my breathing and relaxing. I tend to tense up at these things. She did lots of massaging, stretching and some ultrasound therapy and it felt painful but good at the same time. She said she was really surprised it had not broken, that I had great bones. If I had bad bones or someone with bad bones did a sprain this bad it would for sure break. She wants me to keep taking the Motrin to help with the inflammation, ice/heat every day and keep massaging/stretching it everyday. The massaging will also help me not build up icky scar tissue. I already had a small ball of it forming in one area. She said that I should be good to go in about 2 weeks and sees no problem with me doing my races. YAY!!!!!! I really needed to hear that. I was freaking out. This is a great way for me to start my weekend. In the meantime I should swim or ride a stationary bike. I think I'll bring my workout clothes to the conference next week and ride the bike at the hotels gym. I am pretty sore right now which is to be expected after everything she did but I'm a much happier person today :o) Dr. Klein is also a TNT alumni so she really understands the frustration we feel when we are injured. She acutally has her own injury right now and will be having surgery on her knee soon :o( THANK YOU DR. KLEIN.

The weekend is going to be a little busy. We'll be heading to San Francisco at, ooohh about 5:45am tomorrow morning for the BIG run with all 5 TNT Teams. We are expected to have 400-500 TNT'ers there. YIKES! The 20 mile run will take people through part of the Nike Marathon course. People are pretty excited but of course nervous. Rocky will be doing 10 miles tomorrow and I'll be helping Ms. Lindsay out with checking everyone in and then helping out a mentor with a water stop. I'm sure we'll be coming home to take a nice long nap and then we have no plans the rest of the day.

Sunday we'll be heading out to watch Jeanette's band play at the Walnut Festival in Walnut Creek and then I have Stitch-n-Bitch at Lindy's house. I'm looking forward to getting some knitting in. I also need to pack for next week. YIKES.

Have a great weekend everyone and GOOD LUCK to my friends doing their 20 miler tomorrow.

No comments: