Lilypie First Birthday tickers

June 05, 2009

Here I Is :o)

I've been lazy about not updating my blog :o( We's been busy the last few weeks so it's no like I don't thave anything to write about. I'll have to do a shortish recap.

Hendrix

If you're my friend on Facebook you know already that we've had a little guy named Hendrix staying with us. Hendrix is a 6 month old, 5lb Chihuahua :o) My parents had been looking for a doggie and we found this one at a breeder in Walnut Creek. The idea was that we'd pick him up and keep him for 2 weeks until my parents came to visit and then they would take him home. Well the little guy ended up getting bronchitis so he's been living with us for a month. It has been a bit chaotic but it has also been a lot of fun. He is the most adorable doggie ever and him and Daisy have become best buddies. We are all sad that he's going to be going home with my parents this weekend.


Parents Visit

My parents arrived at our house on May 15th and stayed for 5 days. It was their first time coming to visit us in our new home. We took them to Sonoma the first day they were in town and went to Cline's Spring Fling Party for their members. We had a great time but it was in the 90's and even though we were in the shade we were all miserable. I think we lasted about 3 hours and then we headed home. The rest of the time there were here we ran some errands, hung out at the house and ate :o) My dad was very kind and planted some tomatoe plants for us :o) They seem to be doing well and I haven't killed them yet.


Memorial Weekend

We had a nice weekend it was a combination of mellow relaxing and having fun at different events. On that Saturday we headed to Livermore to Coach Al's Fundraiser at Wente Vineyards. The turnout was low but Coach still made over $1000...yay!!

On Sunday we went to the San Ramon Art & Wind Festival with Olivia and WE FROZE. That whole weekend was weird and it was like we had gone back to winter :o( not fun holiday weather. After the festival Rocky and I headed over to the Walnut Creek Yacht Club for their 12 Year Anniversary Party. It was a fun party with lots of different seafood appetizers, drinks and music. Rocky and I are always up for all you can eat oysters especially when they are free :o)

On Monday we had the gang over and we BBQ'd. The weather was actually a bit nicer and we were able to hang out outside and eat at our new patio table. I think it's safe to say the gang had a great time. We chatted, we ate and then everyone spent like 3 hours playing Wii. We had no casualities but lots and lots of laughter.

Last Week/Weekend

On Thursday the 28th we attended the Man/Woman of the Year Gala at the Bentley Reserve in SF. We were there to suppor Coach Al in his quest to win Man of the Year. I am sad to say that he did not win but we are still very proud of him. There were 12 candidates and they raised $307,000 for LLS. The winner, Bill Shen, who I've known since I began TNT was the winner and raised $58,000...wow!!!


Saturay was busy for us and it was a long day. Rocky had Kick Off in the morning for the Summer Season Run Team and I stayed home cleaning up. He finally made it home around 1pm and we headed to San Bruno for our nieces birthday. Once again the weather was not cooperating and it was freezing. We hung out there for a while and then my sister-in-law and I hadead to the Crab House for dinner....YUMMERS!!! We had a nice evening chatting away. We headed back to my mother/father-in-laws house where our hubbies were hanging out and Rocky and I finally headed home around 11ish.

Sunday we got to sleep in a little and then I met Ms. Amy for brunch and then we headed over to the nail shop for pedicures. It was a nice mellow morning and afterwards I headed home to relax for the rest of the day.

That then brings us to this week :o)

Monday night I had a very nice dinner with Meenu at Cafe Esin :o)

We've been having doggie issues and so far 2 of the 3 dogs have had to spend some time at the vet. Hendrix had the bronchitis and now Daisy has a boo boo in her foot :o( On Tuesday I was suppose to run but since I had brought Daisy to work so she could go to the vet to have her foot checked I didn't run and went straight home. Last night I did manage to run and it felt pretty good although I thought it was gonna be cold and it was a bit warm. This weather is so wacky. Anyway, I had a great run and then when I was heading to the freeway I spoke to my friend Debbie and she wanted to go for a walk but her hubby didn't so I offered to go with her. I thought we'd be going for a walk on the Iron Horse Trail, NOPE, she wanted to go for a hike which started UPHILL!!! It was actually fun but today I'm a little bit tired :o) I may try to go with her again next week though. It was nice.

Tomorrow is our first officaly Saturday run for the season and we are starting with 6 miles. We shall see how that goes.

GOOD LUCK TO MR. PHIL who's doing America's Most Beutiful Ride in Lake Tahoe this weekend :o) GO PHIL!!!

No comments: