Lilypie First Birthday tickers

June 29, 2009

Pt. Isabel 10 Miler

This weekend we officially completed our first full month of training, it seems like it went by so fast...yikes, that means 1 month closer to Chicago.

This weekend was NOT a good weekend to be out running because of the weather. We had decided last week that we'd start at 7:00am instead of 7:30 which we are glad we did. We knew it'd be hot we did not know it'd be in the 100's. Crazy!

Anyway, Olivia, Sandra and I met at 7am at Pt. Isabel and were promptly on our way. We ran about 0.5 mile and then stretched and then went on our merry HOT ways to do the other 9.5 miles. It was warm but we did have a few spots of shade and a few spots where we got a nice breeze. We made it to the turn around no problem and shortly after we stopped for Olivia to take some GU and at this point Sandra mentioned she was starting to get hot and might be walking more than running. I told her no worries I'm probably in the same boat. I was starting to get a little puffy. I'm not sure if it was the endurolyte pills I had just taken or the sharkie's I had just eaten but instead of slowing down I picked it up a bit and was feeling great and was just running running running....wow! Could I keep this up for the rest of the run? haa, haa, no such luck. I was able to keep it up until I got to about 7.5 miles. I was ahead so I decided to walk a little and wait for a Olivia :o) we walked a little more and then returned to our running. Was getting puffier and hotter but we were still running. We made it to the turn around and walked a little again but then finished of the 10 miles pretty strong. Sandra was not very far behind and although hot and tired we all felt good and everyone had a good run. I am really proud of our little group :o)

I am feeling a little sore today all over and doing a little bit of a shuffle around but other than that I am good and feeling pretty good about our training. Training during the summer is always hard for us because we have so much going on but we are trying to work around all that.

This week we'll only get two days in and will probably miss our long run on Saturday because we are headed on a 4 day cruise to Mexico :o) We had planned on running on Friday morning but it might be too hectic especially since it's a holiday weekend we'll need to get to the airport with a little more extra time. I highly doubt we'll be running 8 miles on the track of the ship...LOL!!! I'd be a bit dizzy and sunburnt.

No comments: