Lilypie First Birthday tickers

June 08, 2009

Slow Start

Well our first official week to training was off to a slow start but at least we got 2 days in of running.

Saturday's run was so so. We (Olivia, Sandra, Leslie and I) met at 7:30am at Lake Merritt to do a 6 mile run. I was tired and since I haven't run 6 miles in a very long time I was not sure how it was going to go plus even just running 3 miles at Lake Merritt always feels so long. Anyway, we all started together and quickly separated. Olivia and I were in front, Sandra in the middle and Leslie at the back (Leslie was only going to do 1 lap). Olivia and I got our one lap in and then decided to do the second lap in the opposite direction but I told Olivia I needed to walk for a minute but she could go. She walked with me..LOL!! We ended up walking 1 mile, running 1 mile, walking 1/2 mile and running the last 1/2 mile. So although we didn't manage to run the full 6 miles at least we got out there and did 6 one way or another :o) Sandra on the other hand plugged along and did great. She ran all 6 :o)

After the run I headed home to meet Rocky and my parents and then we ran some errands, I later had a facial appt and then came back again to meet everyone for dinner at PF Chang's in Pleasanton for my mom's bday.

UGGHHHHH, could not have picked an ickier day to go there. I don't know if that location has gone down hill since the last time I was there or if they were just having a bad day with food but it was not fun at all. First the girl who brough our appetizers didn't bring us plates and when we asked for plates she left to get them and never came back. My dad and Rocky had ordered white rice, they bring it out and it's NOT cooked. We ordered Mu Shu Pork and I'm not sure what happened with that but the waiter himsef decided to take those back. We never even tasted them. My mom ordered Cho Fun, the noodles were so hard she could barely cut them with a knife. We complained and the manager blah blah blah, I"m sorry. Okay fine whatever, he took a few bucks off the bill. After all that my dad orders coffee and the mug is HOT but the coffee inside is cold :o( Never going back to that location again. Luckily we had brought our own cake for her bday and that was super yummy. It was strawberry shortcake from Merritt Bakery..yummy!!

Sunday my parents left early with Hendrix :o( boo, hoo, and Rocky had Kali. Later in the day we hit the Walnut Creek Art & Wine Festival with Olivia, Debbie and Brian. It was breezy but finally a warm day in the Bay. It was a lot of fun and we had lots of yummy festival food and beer :o) we all even managed to get a little cripy from the sun. What's up with this weather? One minute we are freezing the next we can't get sunscreen on fast enough. Craziness!


Today is my mom's official birthday so....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!!

No comments: