Lilypie First Birthday tickers

June 17, 2009

Week #2 Down and on to #3

Well we officially finished week #2 of our training and it went fairly well.

Thursday, June 12th
Olivia and I had another almost 3 mile run. I think I was a bit tired though and it was muggy out so I wasn't really feeling it but we got it done.

Saturday, June 13th
Holy Smokes this was the longest day ever and I felt it on Sunday. I was up at 6:00am to get ready for our Saturday morning run. We were scheduled to do 8 miles at the Lafayette/Moraga Trail. Meeting time was 7:30am and everyone was right on time. We have a few friends that will be joning us once in a while during the runs which is nice. We headed out on the trail for a mile and then stretched and then off to do the other 7 miles. Olivia I made it to 3 miles and then we needed a walk break :o( The Lafayette/Moraga Trail is a gradual uphill on the way out and a nice decline on the way back. Well, we were feeling that uphill.

I definetly feel that had I kept going to my boot camp class (didn't sign back up after my first 12 classes cause it gets expensive) and had I kept running on a regular basis I would not be struggling :o(

Anyway, the rest of the run was pretty much a run/walk for 4 miles. I do think we ran more than we walked but I can honestly say that the last mile was tough for me. It had also gotten warm and I drank all of my water. 2 bottles was not enough, next time I think I just need to take all 4 bottles with me even if I don't use up all the water at least I have them there.

The good news is we got the 8 miles done and it doesn't matter if we walked or ran them it's that that we were out there and the time on our feet is what counts. YAY US!

After the run we headed to breakfast, then I had to go to Walnut Creek to buy a graduation gift and birthday gift, then I headed home to shower, then I got in my car and drove to Granite Bay (without the hubby cause he had to work), spent the afternoon in Granite Bay with the Reyes family celebrating our nieces graduation, then made the 2 hour drive back home at 9pm by the time I got home and into bed it was almost midnight :o( I was POOPED.

Sunday, June 14th
Had a nice brunch at Faz in Pleasanton with my hubby and although we had every intention on going grocery shopping we could both barely stand up and keep awake. Rocky had worked a 16 hour day on Friday and a 13 hour day on Saturday :o( We made a quick stop at Petsmart and Target and then we went home. I took a nice nap and then got up and cleaned the house and did some laundry. Rocky put up our nice new table in our breakfast nook and I re-did our bedding in our bedroom :o) We relaxed the rest of the evening.


the new bedding

Patch approves :o)

and yes that is a stuffed animal on our bed and yes I do sleep with it, hee, hee



the new table, still need to finish decorating the walls

Tuesday, June 17th
We had our first track workout last night and it went well. I am not sore today so I'm not sure if that means we didn't push ourselves hard enough or I'll be feeling it later/tomorrow. We'll have to see :o)

No comments: