Lilypie First Birthday tickers

December 10, 2007

Under a Rock

Sometimes I find that being a TiVo watcher isn't such a good thing because you miss the "happenings" of the day. Like commercials for the 10pm news because I'm watching shows on my TiVo which means I don't watch commercials. I often don't find out the major news headlines of the weekend until I log on at work on Monday's and see them on yahoo. I had NO IDEA that the weather in Oklahoma was so terrible :o( oopsy, my brother lives in Oklahoma. I was swamped at work yesterday so it wasn't til later in the day that I read about the ice storm. I'll have to call them and make sure they are okay.

The weekend was super busy for me but I got a lot done.

Friday night I went home, changed clothes and then the hubby and I headed out to do some christmas tree and gift shopping. We hit a yummy mexican restaurant in Castro Valley and then went to the tree lot. We found our tree within a few second of walking into the lot which was nice cause not too much time was spent out in the FREEZING cold. We decided to go with the Charlie Brown looking tree and it's about 5ft tall. I like the trees with more spacing in the branches because you ca really see thew ornaments and they don't seem to be as messy. We had them cut off a bit of the bottom to straighten it out, they put a net on it and then the little man from the lot stuck the tree in the car. Next stop, Target.


We needed to pick up ornaments, lights and some gifts. I think we were there for maybe an hour and we managed to get quite a few things off our shopping list. We went PetsMart for some doggie litter and then we made our way back home. We were very productive if I say so myself. Hubby and I are a good team :o)

Patch, being the center of attention decided to sit on the tree skirt

Daisy wasn't too sure about this whole Christmas tree thing, so she hid behind the couch

:o) aren't they cute? Our two little helpers

We decided to decorate the tree so by the time we hit the sack it was a little past midnight. We were short a string of lights so I had to go by Target one more time over the weekend but it wasn't too bad and I managed to pick up a few more things we needed to decorate. I love the way our tree and other decorations in the house turned out. It all looks very cute.


Saturday Rocky and the band boy were at the studio all day and into the evening. They are finishing recording their CD. Olivia and I decided to head up to Livermore because I found out last week that the winery I am a member of had a little reception and release of the wines. I wasn't expecting to pick up wine til January but I guess they decided to release wines now I'm guessing for the holiday. Anyway, we spent a nice day up in Livermore tasting some new wines and finished up at the reception at Tamas and picking up my wine. The gentlemen that poured our wine at Concannon was telling us that because of the type of soil in Livermore the wines, especially the white wines, tend to be A LOT sweeter. I finding that I'm not liking many of the whites in that area. I much rather have the reds and then even at some wineries I didn't like those. I think there were two wineries we went to that I poured out all my tastings because I didn't like them. It's all very interesting although I still don't know as much as there is to know about wine but I think each time we go we find out a little more.


I dropped off Olivia back home, she a party to go to in SF with Ms. Brandy so I decided that since my hubby still wasn't home and since I was in Walnut Creek that I would try to get more of my shopping done. Mission accomplished. I managed to find parking right away, hit quite a few stores without being trampled by all the crazy shoppers, I had a slice of pizza and then I was on my way home, sort of, I hit some bad Saturday night traffic :o( I got a lot more stuff off our list though and now I can breathe a little easier. I think I just have my parents and Rocky and I am DONE Christmas shopping :o) YAY!


I got home about 7ish, put my pj's on and watched TV with the doggies til Rocky finally made it home. We were both pooped so off to bed we went. Sunday was going to be another long day.


Rocky had Kali as he usually does on Sunday's and I got up and went back to Target. I came home and did a little cleaning and then our TNT friend Belinda came over so we could help her out with my bike she is buying and also to go on a ride with her.


Rocky switched out the pedals that I was using on the bike for different ones and then he showed her how to clip in and out. She only fell once :o) YAY Belinda. I had a flat tire on my bike so Rocky showed us how to change it. I swear I've been shown numerious times and I still can't do it :o( We then headed out to Berkeley for a nice 11 mile bike ride. Belinda did a great job considering it was her first time out with the clipless pedals. A few more rides and she'll be doing really great. I am still getting used to mine aswell but I felt much better this time and the nice thing about our ride, it was FLAT :o) It felt good to be out although it was quite chilly.


We went home and I had to jump in the shower because I had been invited to a holiday dinner with the ladies at the pet store I shop at. They had a invited a few of their loyal customers/friends for a gift exchange/dinner. We had dinner at the chinese restaurant next door to the store. We laughed a lot and had a great time. I really like those ladies they are great doggie store owners. By the time I made it home it was kind of late for a Sunday so we just watched a little tv and went to bed. My Sunday shows are gone :o( because of the darn writers strike so I don't have much to watch now. It seems like it's going to happen to all my shows though. At this point Grey's Anatomy, Desperate Housewives or Brothers & Sisters are all on a break for a long time, maybe even til next year :o(

No comments: