Lilypie First Birthday tickers

December 20, 2007

Grinch Police

Today is my last day of work and I don't return til next Thursday, woohoo! But this morning the Danville Police were being Grinch's and pulled me over. My vacation starts with nice big fat $321 ticket :o(


I come up Crow Canyon from 680 to Danville and the speed limit is 40mph all they way through except for one SMALL section that is 25mph because of a school there. I am ALWAYS really really careful going through there because I know the cops hang out there just like they do on Sycamore Valley Road because of schools and because a couple of years ago they had a few kids killed there :o( so I totally understand why they are so strict. Sometimes though it's hard to come off that pedal quick enough and drop from 40-25 because in that area you are either going downhill or your just on a steady uphill and then all of a sudden you hit the yellow flashing lights for the school. Well this morning I didn't slow down to 25 which I knew and then I ran the yellow light, cop said it was because I wasn't going the speed limit and if I had been then I would have gotten the red light and had to stop. Anywho, he pulled me over because he said I ran the red light....WHUTTT??? No I didn't! I fully admit to going 35 and not 25 and I fully admit that I ran the yellow light but I DID NOT run a red light :o( I think my tail may not have been all the way in the crosswalk when the light turned red so I'm thinking that's why he said I ran the red. I dunno, gonna have to go back and read the darn driving book. He said that since I do have a clean record I can go to school, YAY, and it won't go on my record. Yeah, cause that's what I want to do, attend driving school :o( I guess the good thing is he only gave me the ticket for the red light and not for speeding but I'm still sad cause I've had no tickets in SO LONG!

I gotta say though that he was a very friendly cop and not a jerk. He told me that they are cracking down in that area and if I drive there everyday that I should be very cautious not only cause they are there but because it is a school zone. Then he wished me a happy Christmas. I'd be a lot happier if you tore up the ticket and gave me a warning :o) no luck!

2 comments:

Phil said...

sorry about the tix. I did online traffic school 2 weeks ago. Finished in 2 hours. Not a bad choice.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about the ticket, if I remember correctly, and from what I've heard from friends, is that as long as you've crossed into the crosswalk before the light turns red you have not ran a red light. Make sure you check the book. But I don't know if you fight it in traffic court if the cop can change his mind on what the ticket was for. Just thought I'd put in my two cents and hopefully save you some time and money.