Lilypie First Birthday tickers

December 28, 2007

Christmas here and gone

Christmas came and went and it left me about one size bigger in my pants...haa, haa. We had a wonderful time with Rocky's family although I did miss seeing my parents :o(

Friday Rocky and I had last minute shopping to do for each other so we split up. He went shopping in the Berkely/Emeryville are and I headed out to Walnut Creek. I dropped my car off to get the oil change and then went on a shopping mission. I managed to get it all done, get the oil changed and run one more errand and get the heck out of there before it got any crazier at the mall. I met up with Rocky at the Pyramid Brewery in Berkeley for lunch and then we headed back home to wrap more presents and relax.

Saturday we took the doggies to Pt. Isabel and went on a nice long walk then as we always do we gave the doggies a bath and then headed home. I spent the rest of the day cleaning the house and doing laundry. In the evening Rocky and I had dinner at a new Salvadorean restaurant we found in Berkeley, Plantano. It was super yummy.

We spent Sunday afternoon at Rocky's uncle/aunts house in Concord. We had lots of yummy food and great laughs. We did a white elephant gift exchange and Rocky and I came away with Caranium Turbo Edition and I got a bracelet. Not too bad, we love the Cranium game and are hoping to play it on New Year's :o) We got home fairly early since this was a lunch party so we spent the rest of the day relaxing and being in a food coma.

Monday I didn't do much but lounge around til the afternoon and then made my jalapeno thingies for dinner at my brother/sister-in-laws house. We headed out around 5 with the doggies and headed to Daly City. My brother and sister -in-law had made a nice spread of food :o) more food for our bellies. We had another nice evening with family, ate and another white elephant gift exchange. This time we came away with a gift card and a grilling cook book :o)

Tuesday was the major food coma day. I haven't had a chance to take part in the Reyes Family Christmas Day Brunch because usually by the time I get back into town they are done with breakfast this year since I stayed in town I was able to eat all the yummy food. Rocky's mom and dad made steaks, several types of omelets, fried rice, bagels, english muffins, mimosas and bloody mary's....holy smokes...lots of food but all very good. I tried a little of everything and afterwards passed out on the couch with the doggies for a nice long nap. Later in the afternoon we played Turbo Cranium which wasn't so turbo, it seemed like it took forever to finish the game which we actually didn't finish since it was then time for dinner. Yes, dinner. More yummy food and more stuffing of the belly which really really put me in a coma. So we headed home and I passed out feeling a bit icky :o(

Wednesday I wasn't feeling so great so I really did NOTHING. THe doggies and I slept, watched T.V., slept some more and just relaxed. I've had a bad headache for a few days and a few bloody noses :o( I think the heater being on so much and the icky weather is really messing up my sinuses. I'm hoping it goes away soon.

Yesterday and today I've spent the day running errands, hitting the stores for those holiday sales since I had a gift card and some shopping cash :o) I've also been cooking and trying out new recipes. Hubby has been working so the doggies and I have been trying to stay busy til he is off this weekend.

We are hosting New Year's here at our house on Monday which we are looking forward too. There will be 6 of us, so it'll be mellow but I'm sure we'll have a great time.

All in all the Christmas vacation has been good, fun and very relaxing. I really needed the break and will be nice and refreshed to go back to work next week. Now if the weather would just get better I'd be much happier.

Have a great weekend!

No comments: