Lilypie First Birthday tickers

December 17, 2007

Tex & Rex

This weekend was filled with a busy but very fun Saturday and a very relaxing Sunday.

Let's go back a few days to Wednesday. I had offered to cook beef brisket for Olivia's bday party this weekend so last Wednesday I went by Draeger's and picked up 8 lbs of beef brisket. It was a LOT of beef so we decided to name them because they were two big pieces. Olivia picked Tex and Rex :o) I know we are dorks. Anyway, I gave Tex & Rex to Olivia at Amy's house on Wednesday and she took them home to marinate for the next couple of days. I just realized though that we didn't photograph them, I'll have to check with Olivia and see if she did. On Saturday Olivia stuck those bad boys in to the oven and they cooked slowly for 5.5 hours.

Saturday morning Rocky worked from home and I wrapped ALL of our presents. I love wrapping but our gifts are all sad with no bows. I'll have to add those on the 24th before we give them to everyone. Patch has been a good boy and has not taken out the tissue paper out of the bagged gifts but I know he's been eyeing it. He loves running around the house making a disaster with the tissue paper. Daisy so far has been really good and has not touched the tree. They have though been hiding on the back side of it and I'm not sure which one of them started that. Luckily they haven't gotten stuck in the cords and brought the whole tree down. OY!

Anyway, Saturday afternoon we got all dressed up and headed out of the house. I had a nail appointment at 2:30 and while I did that Rocky went shopping at Broadway Plaza in Walnut Creek. Afterwards we headed over to Olivia's to help her get ready for her party. Although we got there and she had pretty much done everything :o) Tex and Rex were cooking away and everything else was pretty much done or didn't need to be done til later so we just sat and chatted with Lindsay while Olivia got ready and we waited for the rest of the guest to arrive. Everyone else arrived at 5:30/6pm and we got the party started :o) I pulled out Tex & Rex around 6:30 and we got all the other yummy dishes ready and we had a very nice sit down dinner at a nice big table Olivia had set up for everyone. We had such a good time eating, drinking and laughing with all our friends. It's probably one of the FUNNEST b-day's I've ever been too.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAY OLIVIA!

Sunday, I pretty much vegged out. Rocky had Kali in the morning and once he got home we never left the house. I did some laundry and then spent the rest of the day watching tv. It was a nice mellow day.

I'm looking forward to the short week and then a nice 6 days off :o)

1 comment:

Olivia said...

I'm glad you had a fun time! I had a little Tex and Rex last night for din din and they were still yummy!