Lilypie First Birthday tickers

June 02, 2006

Escape from Alcatraz


This weekend is the Escape from Alcatraz Triathlon, anyone doing it is crazy if you ask me. Okay, crazier than us who do both marathons and triathlons. I don't think I could ever bring myself to hop on a boat, get taken out to the middle of the bay and then jump off that boat and swim to shore. I admire those who are brave enough to do it. We'll be going out there on Sunday to cheer on those crazy people which happen to inlcude Helen, one of my mentees, and a few other teammates. It looks like the weather is going to be nice for them so it should be a fun day. I emailed with my mentee this mornig and she said she's going through days of calm and then days of nervousness, nausesness and worry. There is a 1 hour cutoff time on the swim and she isn't quite sure that she'll make it which means she'll be taken out of the water and brought back on a boat :o( never fun. But she is (I am too) very proud of herself for even considering doing this and just getting on that boat on Sunday is a huge accomplishment.

GOOD LUCK to everyone!

No comments: