Lilypie First Birthday tickers

June 13, 2006

Brenda Update

I just spoke to Brenda and she was pretty groggy :o( she was trying to eat some breakfast as well. Her chemo was started last night around 11pm so the icky medicine to kill the icky Leukemia is now in her system. She said that other than some headaches from some of the medicines and her arm hurting from where her line is she is feeling okay. She is just amazed at how much LOVE she is feeling from the TNT Family. She has gotten so many emails and phone calls in the last few days. I will probably stop for a quick visit tomorrow while I am in SF and Olivia and I plan on going there on Thursday evening as well. Here is the latest blog entery from her myspace blog:

Hi my lovely family, friends, supporters, teammates, interneters:

I'm now blogging, watching Seinfeld, getting chemo,waiting for vicodin to kick in, writing in my journal, talking on phone and being blanketed with love. (TNT angels brought me a lovely blanket along with other amazing gifts tonite..thank u...thank u 100,000,000,000 times).

Actually, the pharmacy is mixing up the chemo now as I sit here in bed and wait for it to kill that nasty Leukemia. Docs today told me there was 20% Leukemia in the marrow.

Here is my plan:
6 days of chemo and 22 days of recovery
Hair falls out in 2 weeks or so (I just got a cut and color - copper brown)
Target discharge date: 7/10/06
Home for one month to rest
If donor found, back for allogeneic transplant. (Donor will be found)
Home to recover
Train with Team and smile ASAP

Sounds easy, eh?

All I can say tonite is that I feel the love pouring through my hospital walls and out of from the ceiling. It feels magical. Mostly, I feel completely overwhelmed and foggy. Hard to process emotions and believe that I really am doing this.

The best part of today (yes there was a best part) was when I went to get an electrocardiogram to make sure my heart was strong enough to accept the chemo.

After moving her sonogram wand around my chest for a couple of minutes, the tech said, "This is the prettiest heart I've seen all day." (Wonder if she says this to everyone) It made me feel good.

And, oh yeah, when Mom and Dad took me to get admitted to hospital today the admittance employee sang us a couple of Peter, Paul and Mary songs at his desk. Cute - I think.

No comments: