Lilypie First Birthday tickers

June 15, 2006

Going to see Brenda

Today after work Olivia and I are going to see Brenda. I can't wait to see her. I've talked to her several times today and she sounds so much better than she did Tuesday morning. She's had an icky headache again from a spinal tap she had done last night but other than that she seems to be doing okay. I am going to pick up her son Jarrett on my way there, he really wants to see his mommy. He's such a cutie :o) and it sounds like he's looking forward to the ride to SF in my Mustang...hee, hee. Tomorrow night Olivia and I have doggie walking duty so I think we are going to take Patch and take all the doggies to the park and wear them out.

Jarrett at the Coached Run last Saturday


This weekend will be a little hectic once again. Rocky, Phil and a few other friends are doign the Tri 4 Fun in Pleasanton. Olivia and I are going to go out and cheer for them. Rocky and Phil are dedicating their race to Brenda. I met Brenda exactly one year ago at the Tri 4 Fun. I was out there supporting Rocky and Brenda was there supporting one of the nurses that had take care of her while in the hospital. I had never met Brenda but had heard lots about her. I had my TNT sweatshirt on and she asked what team I was on and who I was there to see at T4F. I knew exactly who she was right away. The rest is history and we are now friends. She has not only touched my life but the life of many many people and we can't wait til she is all recovered and back out on the trails, pool or bike with us.

1 comment:

Rock said...

Very nice of you to visit Brenda, she is lucky to have a friend like you!