Lilypie First Birthday tickers

June 09, 2006

CANCER SUCKS!!!

Update Monday, June 12 10:00am

Well I got to see Brenda this weekend. If you've read her blog you know that she was sent back home on Friday. We were all shocked especially when she told us it was because the hospital didn't have all it's ducks in a row. She was sent home and told to enjoy her weekend. Very strange but because Brenda is so full of life she tried to enjoy it as much as she could. On Saturday she came out to Danville to the run teams coached run. She brought her husband and kids and WOW did she feel the love. Not only was the team out there but quite few Alumni stopped by to support her. It was awesome to see once again just how awesome our run team family is. Over $1000 was donated by everyone so that a goodies could be bought for Brenda to enjoy while she is in the hospital. As Brenda says "she has ADD" and needs to keep busy so that money will go to things to keep her busy and entertained while she is in treatment. Lots and lots of good wishes were sent to her on 3 big posters that will be hung in her room. It was amazing to see how everyone has come together to help in anyway they can. I think at some point I'll be doing some doggie walking for her doggies. I'm sure Patch will enjoy it too since he'll have his buddy to play with. Her parents have also come in from Chicago and they will be at the hospital with her until Saturday the 17th. She will be sending her kids to Idaho for the summer so that they can still have a good summer and not have to spend it at the hospital watching thier mom be sick.

If all goes well Brenda will be admitted today into UCSF. I will keep posting on here as I find out more info. I know many of you would like to visit her. She will have internet access so feel free to send her an email and some virutal hugs and love.

Update 2:51
Brenda is at home right now packing and getting ready to go back to UCSF, she will be admitted at 5pm and start her first round of Chemo right away.

This is an update that our Run Team Manager just sent to us:
Hi again.

I just spoke with Brenda and she is desperately in need of a bone marrow donor. She has NO match right now.

If you aren't already in the national bone marrow donation registry - you can join TODAY! Go to: http://marrow.org/HELP/join_the_registry.html for more details. TNT will have a bone marrow drive at our Summer Cause For Celebration, but that is about 8 weeks away from now. It can cost anywhere from $52 to $100 to join now - but what if you are the match for Brenda? Think about that if you are pondering the cost.

Please pass this on to your family and friends as well - the more people we have in the registry, the more lives we will help save.

Thanks, Monica


Update 1:20pm

She will be at UCSF starting today. They will be starting her first Chemo treatment today at 5pm. Brenda will be spending the next 3 weeks there. She knows we all love her and support her. She is carrying that with her.

Brenda's biggest concern is not for herself but for her family. All of their family is in Chicago so they just have us here.

She would love to get emails from everyone so let's get the ball rolling and make those t1 lines smoke!

Most of all, Pray!

from J.H.

I just got the most horrible and sad news. My friend Brenda Donato has relapsed. She had a bone marrow biopsy a few days ago and she got the results today. We are all very very sad. Brenda is an amazing woman so full of life and love. She (well no one) doesn't deserve this. She has to amazing little kids and a husband. Please keep them in your toughts and prayers. I do not have much details to share as I just got the phone call from her. She did say though that she needs a donor. So if you aren't a registered bone marrow donor...think about doing it. You could save Brenda's life or someone else's.




This is the bio I had of her when I first shared here story with you:

In January 2005, I began to feel very exhausted and weak, but continued on with my normal routine as a working mom with two boys ages 8 and 4. One day, I became so weak I could hardly walk up the stairs without my heart racing. I was diagnosed with AML on February 11, 2005 at the age of 34.With the overwhelming support of my family, friends and community I have gained the strength and courage to fight this disease with all my will. On June 30, 2005, I received a stem cell transplant at UCSF Medical Center after three rounds of high dose chemotherapy.Today, I am in remission and await routine checkups. I am enjoying more energy now than I have had in almost a year and recovering on schedule.I love to run, bike, swim, hike and everything fitness. Can’t wait to get started again soon.

2 comments:

THE HUMBLE WIZARD said...

Best wishes always!. Having been through this myself, and know the agony and fustration. Take a deep breath and take one day at a time. Pray and believe and you shall overcome this. Trust in god, and he will do some wonder.

http://the-humble-wizard.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I pray for you and your family Brenda. I ask about you every time I see the folks at Pacer. We were never really close and hardly talked to each other but know you are in my prayers.

Jeannette Newman