Lilypie First Birthday tickers

March 03, 2009

Shoe Review

Actually it's more of a online shopping review of Zappos.com

Background on how I ended up on Zappos. Each year I buy a new pair of boots for winter. They are pretty much the same each year, sometimes different brand but for the most part I have a standard boot I wear. Black, 3 1/2 inch heel, pointy toe. I wear my boots out pretty bad each year so for as long as I can remember I know that each November or so I need to buy a new pair. In fact for a few years my mommy would buy me a new pair for Christmas because it was a gift I always needed. This year was no different but out of pure laziness I never got around to buying a new pair. Now I NEED a new pair because they are so worn out that my bad ankle bothers me when I wear them. A few weekends ago Rocky went on a hunt for new boots and I had NO LUCK. Retail stores have decided that it's now time to sell open toed shoes for spring and summer. Umm, have they not looked outside? It's cold and pouring down rain :o( Maybe it'll only last a few more weeks but it's still not time to bust out the strappy shoes, flip flops, open toed shoes :o( No success at the store so I turned to the handy dandy internet. I finally found some in my size at Zappos.com. I decided to go with Nine West since that is what I had at home and that way I could avoid the buying and returning if they don't fit issue. I picked out 2 pairs in a size 6 1/2, one was a pointy toe and one was an almond shaped. I would return the one that didn't look or fit as nicely.

The boots were "on sale" for $89.95 and I was willing to pay the $25 to have them shipped overnight. If you think about it $89.95 is really not that cheap considering it's not boot season anymore according to the retail world. I didn't really feel like I was getting a deal but what the heck I need the boots it's pouring cats and dogs outside and I can't find any at the stores. When I placed my order I forgot to say overnight service so I had to call them and see if they could still do it even though I had processed my order. The lady on the phone was very nice and said yes they could do it and they would waive the $25 overnight fee...YAY!! I was happy and coudln't wait to get my boots.

Boots arrived on that Friday as promised (it was actually 2 days since the day I ordered because I had ordered after 1pm, which was okay with me). I took them home I tried them both on and decided that the boots with the pointy toes are the ones I liked the best. The almond toe ones were a little too loose. I am going to return them. Anyway, I told hubby I should just go ahead and exchange the other boots and have them send me a second pair of the ones I like so that next year I don't have this issue. I went online to order a second pair and they were $96...what?? In 2 days the boots went from $89.95 to $96 and then today right before I was about to write this post the boots are now $106. I don't understand. How does this site work. I did see on their policies that if you buy something and the price goes down they will refund you the difference if you contact them within 10 days. What a paint though. I am thinking that I won't be shoppoing on here again. Who knows if you are getting a "deal" or not. My luck I'll go on there again next week and they'll be $29.99. Urrggghhh!!!

No comments: