Lilypie First Birthday tickers

March 31, 2009

Remodel Continues

Well the chaos in our house continues.  I guess the good thing about this chaos is that at the end of it will be a nice pretty kitchen with cabinets that fit all of our stuff and electrical that works properly.  Also good plumbing in there and a gas line to our stove that won't blow up :o) 


Part of the cabinets are up, yay! and today they are working on putting the walls they ripped out back together and then the rest of the cabinets will be installed.  Someone will then come out to measure the counter tops for the granite and we'll have to order the back splash.  I think the kitchen easily has another week of work to go.  Luckily hubby just got told at work he needs to start taking a bunch of his vacation time so he doesn't lose it so that will work out great for us. He can stay home and supervise and take care of the doggies who's nerves have had it :o) poor doggies.  

The electrical in the kitchen has now been fixed and our electrician is fixing the rest of the house now.  I think he'll be done today.

Yesterday we had asbestos removed from the heating system and today the heating guys are here replacing heating stuff and insulating some of the vents.  They'll be done by tomorrow or Thursday. We got really lucky that the weather warmed up because we'll be without a heater for a few days.  

I guess that's it on the home front.  Since it was a nice day and all I'm doing is sitting around doing nothing I decided to pull some weeds out front.  Oh boy, I'm going to have to learn to enjoy doing that, haa, haa.  I also need to learn some gardening stuff because I know nothing.  

This past weekend we headed to Carmel for Debbie's wedding.  I'll have to upload pictures later.  I have been helping Debbie with planning for a few weeks now and my hubby was very very nice and was the photographer/video person at the wedding.  The wedding only had 32 guests so it was small but it turned out very nice.  It also got very hot in Carmel so it turned out to be a perfect day for a wedding. Since it was a day wedding Rocky and I were able to enjoy sometime hanging out in Carmel Saturday evening.  We walked around, did a little shopping and had dinner there.  It was a nice weekend.

The doggies were at home with their momma, Olivia :o) I hear they had a great time and we are very thankful to be able to have Olivia take care of them when she can.

No comments: