Lilypie First Birthday tickers

March 19, 2009

Fit Camp Class #1

Well I had my first class last night and right now I am feeling....OUCHIE!! I am feeling it today. It's a good sore but boy I'm moving slow.

I arrived at the class about 15 minutes early so I figured I'd sit down and watch Gary, the trainer, train the very young high school girls he was with. NOPE, no such luck. He said to go ahead and get some cardio in to warm up. Okie dokie!

I decided to get on the bike and do a 15 minute warm up. I can handle that.

The rest of the people in the class started to come in and do the same thing. They each jumped on some sort of cardio machine and did a warm up. At 6:00pm Gary yelled out something which I did not hear so I just looked around to see what everyone else was doing. What he said was....10 push ups, 10 mountain climbers and 20 bicycles (sit ups)....okie dokie, here we go.

So basically the first part of the work out was

10 push ups
10 mountain climbers
20 bicycles

and then cardio - I did the treadmill

repeat and each time you had to pick a different cardio machine. I ended up doing the treadmill, the row machine and the elliptical.

Thrown in between some of those was hitting a punching bag 10 times followed by a squat and I had to do that as many times as I could. I also got to do a little punching on Gary and another punching bag they had set up followed by shuffling.

I think by the time we were done with this stuff it was about 6:20 and I wanted to vomit :o( This guys is not messing around and I love it but OMG, I was not feeling good. That's what happens when you sit on your butt for so long..haa, haa. I was not going to wimp out though.

Next we had to grab weight and do lunges all the way around the room. Then grab a partner and do sit ups in 3 different ways. He called them 60 second sit ups. The last set was 30 second sit ups.

I didn't do so well with those so I'll have to practice at home to get better.

Not done yet, next was weights.

He set up a circuit of 11 exercises. YIKES!!!! Each one had to be done 3 times. 15 reps the first set, 12 the next and 10 the last. We used the weight machines for some and free weights for others. By the time I was done my arms were shaking.

I finsihed by stretching and then I headed home, very exhausted and very hungry.

Hubby had made dinner so we ate as soon as I walked in the door.

This class was hard but I liked it and I'm looking forward to going back next week :o)

1 comment:

SDCrawford said...

where are you doing this class?